Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Haddo Trout Fishery ( to April 17th )
« on: 20/04/2011 at 14:58 »
Hi folks :cool:

I had a few days off last week, so the fishery was open again from Saturday and the following relates up till Monday. Damsels, Cormorants, Montana Straggle Nymphs, Crunchers, Diawl Bachs and Deer Hair Emergers were popular choices of fly over the three days :wink

Adam Forbes enjoyed a good session with 18 fish up to 4 lb, Charlie Macpherson netted 16 up to 6 lb, Kevin Neri 13 up to 3 lb, Ewan Lindsay 11 up to 6 lb, Michael MacPherson had 10 up to 6 lb including a 4 lb brown and Frank Thrall tempted a dozen fish including a cracking 6 lb brownie!

Best wishes
Mike

Broontroot

Re: Haddo Trout Fishery ( to April 17th )
« Reply #1 on: 20/04/2011 at 22:02 »
Hi all, had a great day at Haddow on the 19th April with Sandy Taylor, sandy`s 1st 3 casts produced fish :cry but it wisnae until 12.15 that i managed to nail a troot, :z16 by that time Sandy had caught 8, all good fighting fit rainbows :z16. we took a wee break then i restarted with a floating line n a size 14 bibio on the dropper this worked well for me for the rest of the day with the Bibio nailing them all. Sandy ended up with 17 and i with a modest 8. With a broonie each Sandies being 1 1/2lb, i would estimate the biggest troots we caught were 4lb, one a piece
I had a great day including spotting one of the resident otters he wiz a big bugger. A fantastic place to enjoy a peaceful days fishing.
Mike is a very fine guy and very knowledgable about the water + and surounding wildlife.
Many tnx for a great day out, i will return
 :z15
Graham

Mike Barrio

Re: Haddo Trout Fishery ( to April 17th ) New
« Reply #2 on: 20/04/2011 at 22:42 »
Hi Graham :z16

Thanks for the kind comments, I'm really pleased that you enjoyed yourselves! :cool:

Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com