Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

gregh

car share?
« on: 20/04/2011 at 03:32 »
Hi everyone,
New to this forum so please excuse any mistakes in this post...!
I'm a "semi"-competent flyfisher, always seem to do ok anyway, and was wondering if anybody would be willing to give me a ride to some of the more remote fisheries? - I'm based in central aberdeen and would obviously be willing to go halves on petrol costs.
Last year I had some great sport at both Raemoir Loch and Mill of Elrick, but I want to go further afield this year  - or at least beyond the bluebird bus routes... so if anybody would be interested in letting me share a ride with them that would be great! I'm pretty flexible on timings, and don't expect constant company or tuition or whatever once at the loch side.
Also, I grew up fishing the brownie tarns/lochs of Cumbria and Shetland - if anybody was thinking of taking a camping trip out to the middle of nowhere at some point this Summer I would definately be interested in tagging along...
Tight lines
Greg

Jim Eddie

Re: car share?
« Reply #1 on: 20/04/2011 at 18:30 »
Greg

Good idea with the cost of fuel etc, unfortunately I'm in Peterhead so not really practical for me.

:z18

Jim

gunner100

« Reply #2 on: 21/04/2011 at 20:09 »
Gregh,

might be able to help in some way. Going up to Loch Insch north of Inverurie on Sunday 24/4. If you want a lift and wish to discuss other outings to rescobie, Artloch, deveron, Loch Leven, lochter, Strachan and others, pls pm me.

Lyall

Allan Liddle

« Reply #3 on: 21/04/2011 at 22:15 »
Hi Guys

Check oot the Spring Fling, if you can get over plenty car space available and i'm sure there's room for a cast or two.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com