Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Allan Liddle

The Weekend
« on: 10/04/2011 at 21:31 »
After getting a right doing on my first SNFFL match at Carron Valley (five troots and feck knows how many lost or offers missed. Bad angling certainly, but great company, great crac, beautiful setting, crackin water, stunnin broons, quality 'bows and a real desire to return later this year) i thought it best to get back in the saddle as quickly as possible.

And so it was i found myself heading to a local river with Broontroot and my two trust Labs Mac and Roni in tow.  This was Roni's first fishing expedition (he's only seven months old) but gald to say both were excellent, better behaved than Graham at any rate  :wink)

Anyway despite the oppressivly hot and extermely bright conditions the fish were keen to play along (although predominantly to blind tactics) and soon both anglers were happy with the world.

Decent troots amongst the catch with several about the 12oz mark (sadly no 'Rod Benders') and although not much olives to stimulate a rise, a few fish were happy to pop their nose oot and give the anglers something to aim at.

Roll on next weekend for more of the same.  Hope its no as feckin hot though.

Allan

bordertroot

Re: The Weekend
« Reply #1 on: 10/04/2011 at 22:59 »
Allan
Dinnae worry the degrees are dropping,down here I had 6 nice broonies up to 12 oz. yesterday.
Back out on Tweed this Tuesday hoping for a hatch.

Bob

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com