Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

adambrain

Wynchwood Reel
« on: 06/04/2011 at 08:30 »
Hi Guys and Girls, I havent been on here for a while Ive been in libya dodging bullets and hellicopters. Anyways I was wondering if anyone knows if the WYCHWOOD TRUEFLY SLA WARM SILVER FLY REEL is any good im in dyer need of a new reel and it looks pretty cool but havent heard anything about it.

Thanks Adam.

Hamish Young

Re: Wychwood Reel
« Reply #1 on: 06/04/2011 at 08:36 »
If its anything like it's predecessor, the Wychwood reel will be good quality and robust. A lot of Wychwood gear appears to be 'under the radar' of most fly fishers which is a shame as they make some good gear.

:z3

adambrain

Re: Wynchwood Reel
« Reply #2 on: 06/04/2011 at 08:42 »
Yeh I used to use a lot of wynchwood stuff back in the course fishing days and they did come out with some quality gear but never used or had a look at their fly gear. It looks like a cool peice of kit and a favourite on my list, i just have to decide if i want a cheaper one or more expensive as ive always wanted a " loop ".

Thanks Hamish.

ramjet

« Reply #3 on: 07/04/2011 at 18:31 »
Hi Guys and Girls, I havent been on here for a while Ive been in libya dodging bullets and hellicopters. Anyways I was wondering if anyone knows if the WYCHWOOD TRUEFLY SLA WARM SILVER FLY REEL is any good im in dyer need of a new reel and it looks pretty cool but havent heard anything about it.

Thanks Adam.

Hi Adam

I have this reel and i must say i have not had any major problems with it. There are a couple of things i have noticed. The paint work chips very easy and sometimes the cartidges stick on the reel but they do come off again.

All together it is a good reel for the money and with it being a super wide arbor you do not get as much line memory as a smaller reel. New cartridges can be a pain to get hold of but the larger tackle shops do stock them.

Cheers

Alan

adambrain

« Reply #4 on: 11/04/2011 at 09:49 »
Hi Adam

I have this reel and i must say i have not had any major problems with it. There are a couple of things i have noticed. The paint work chips very easy and sometimes the cartidges stick on the reel but they do come off again.

All together it is a good reel for the money and with it being a super wide arbor you do not get as much line memory as a smaller reel. New cartridges can be a pain to get hold of but the larger tackle shops do stock them.

Cheers

Alan
cheers remjet think im gonna go ahead with it especially since i get 2 spare spools

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com