Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

ryan

ugie
« on: 21/03/2011 at 15:54 »
i was thinking about going fishing on the ugie for trout does anyone know where i can get a day ticket what are and the best beats  :z18
Ryan

Graham Ritchie

Re: ugie
« Reply #1 on: 21/03/2011 at 16:07 »
You can get tickets from Lunar Fishing at Peterhead harbour. The Ugie is not really much of a trout river, most are small and dark coloured. It is more of a sea trout and late run salmon river. The first of the sea trout normally arrive towards the end of May. The ticket covers the majority of the river, there are a few small private beats, but most of these are single bank. So you can fish all of the main river, mainly double bank, except a short bit of single bank fishing at the top end, plus quite a large section of both the North and South Ugie tributaries on the Lunar ticket.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 21/03/2011 at 17:00 »
Ryan Graham is correct the Ugie is not a great trout river, they do not do day tickets for trout either (unless that has changed) its very expensive in my opinion £30 for a day ticket up to june £60 thereafter, that may also be out of date.
Better getting a roving ticket for the don , or head up to the Deveron.

:z18

Jim

ryan

« Reply #3 on: 22/03/2011 at 13:23 »
cheers lads sounds expensive probably give the deveron a try

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com