Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Fadpasser

Fancy a laugh
« on: 18/03/2011 at 09:01 »
Anybody feeling down ? then check out the coming season prices at the Lake of Mentieth  :z4 :z4 :z4 had me p#####g myself, wonder if the managment do kids parties.

Hamish Young

Derek McLaren

Re: Fancy a laugh
« Reply #2 on: 18/03/2011 at 10:05 »

Graeme Gauld

« Reply #3 on: 18/03/2011 at 10:05 »
All the large fisheries charge more at a weekend why ?? is it not the same boats same water same limit
most people work Mon to Fri  i think, is this a form of discrimination

« Reply #4 on: 18/03/2011 at 12:08 »
Would have thought that higher demand at the weekends drives the price up, discrimination is a bit of a strong term to use in this situation.

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #5 on: 18/03/2011 at 12:37 »
Would have thought that higher demand at the weekends drives the price up, discrimination is a bit of a strong term to use in this situation.

I echo your thoughts Robbie.

My opinion is that Fisheries are a business at the end of the day and considering the limited profits involved I dont have an issue with fisheries charging extra at weekends.

It is maybe better to look at it the other way round?  Less people visit fisheries during the week so fisheries charge less to try and encourage more anglers to visit.........

Just my 2p worth

:z18
Steven

Iain Goolager

« Reply #6 on: 18/03/2011 at 12:49 »
I'm not much of a big Loch Big Boat Big Venue fisherperson But.....

2 guys fishing an 8 hour day session in a boat on a saturday

£54 /2 = £27 each
£12 for arguments sake for a 8hr c&r ticket would sound acceptable to most, surely. So that's the 'purely fishing' cost sorted.
10 fish per boat = 5 per angler @ lets say £3.00 per fish (most places have a sliding scale from, say £6 to £2.50 per fish when it's calculated)
Now we've got our £27 without looking at boat costs.

If you liked the place and wanted to fish there a few times a week it would become expensive but then you get nowt for nowt nowadays.

Iain

Jim Eddie

« Reply #7 on: 18/03/2011 at 13:18 »
If I compare these costs with some of my other passtimes , £15 for a medium glass of Chardonay, £27 for a days fishing seems cheap  :wink

A trip to glasgow to watch the fitba, well thats £100 plus and thats just for 90 minutes.

I for one think we get a bargain as far as fishing is concerned.

Jim    

Iain Goolager

« Reply #8 on: 18/03/2011 at 13:22 »
If I compare these costs with some of my other passtimes

Exactly Jim.......how much was your bespoke lurex gimp suit anyway?

Iain

Fadpasser

« Reply #9 on: 18/03/2011 at 13:27 »
Like I said I know where you guys are coming from but whatever way you cut it, me fishing alone (which is my norm) from a boat on Saturday will cost me £54 !!!

Iain Goolager

« Reply #10 on: 18/03/2011 at 13:48 »
Fadpasser,

Although I do like good company in a boat I also appreciate the opportunity to sit on my lonesome and contemplate and therefore this type of venture is not feasible.
However, as you seem to have a head like some form of kitten then perhaps cosmetic surgey might help in getting a boat partner.  :z4

Iain

Fadpasser

« Reply #11 on: 18/03/2011 at 14:07 »
Yeah, you might have a good point their Iain,  prrrrrrr prrrrrr.   :z16

Jim Eddie

« Reply #12 on: 18/03/2011 at 15:42 »
Like everything else its all relative .

I can fish 3 miles of the Ythan for £65 a season or tube Lochindorb for free.

The cost of fuel is now making fishing more expensive unless its on your doorstep.

Jim

Graeme Gauld

« Reply #13 on: 18/03/2011 at 16:34 »
discrimination is a bit of a strong term to use in this situation.

Ok i accept it is over the top to use such strong words , however i still stand by that
it is wrong in my opinion to charge more depending on what day it is
in my local a pint of larger is the same price regardless of what day it is and the demand is higher at the weekend

Hamish Young

« Reply #14 on: 18/03/2011 at 17:47 »
Although I do not agree with Menteith charging higher prices on a weekend it is a business at the end of the day with really quite high overheads - I wouldn't like to think about how much it costs to run as a commercial venture :shock
Mind you, has that higher rate at weekends not been the policy there since the year 'dot' :?

Perhaps a positive 'spin' would be to say the week days are actually discounted over the usual rate :wink

Jim - £15 for a medium glass of Chardonnay ??? :shock Holy crap, that must be some seriously good Chardonnay :z7

:z3

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com