Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Haddo Trout Fishery ( to March 7th )
« on: 07/03/2011 at 20:25 »
Hi folks :cool:

Haddo is getting off to a good start to the year now that the ice has cleared, although the water temperature is still very low. Anglers have been averaging about three to six fish for their session, some have enjoyed great sport with larger numbers and David Hunter was I think the first angler in 2011 to tempt a trout on a dry fly.

Bloodworms, Okey Dokeys, Damsels, Mini Cats, Straggle Nymphs, Crunchers and Hare's Ear Nymphs have proved to be good fly choices this week and it has been great to see some early season Brown Trout coming to the net, including a few crackers up to about 4 lb.

Kev Danby enjoyed a good session with his new "Pea Mussel" pattern, releasing 32 fish up to 7 lb, Ewan Lindsay netted 23 up to 10 lb and his good fortune continued with 24 up to 11 lb on a second visit, Jimmy Rhind had 20 up to 8 lb, Ian Brown 15 up to 12 lb, Rab Laing 13 up to 12 lb and Mathew Will tempted 13 fish up to 4 lb.

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Mike Barrio

Re: Haddo Trout Fishery ( to March 7th )
« Reply #1 on: 07/03/2011 at 21:10 »

Mike Livingstone

« Reply #2 on: 07/03/2011 at 21:38 »
You trying to drag me out of hiding, Mike?

IŽll bite, where did those cane/bamboo rods come from?

I am waiting in one that is being repaired and a new quad rod, that I should pick up in the summer. 

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 07/03/2011 at 21:45 »
You trying to drag me out of hiding, Mike?

IŽll bite, where did those cane/bamboo rods come from?

Both mine Mike :z4  :z4  :z4 ...... You've had a cast with the one on the left, that's Sandy's "BB", the one on the right is a little project that I've been working on over the winter. It is coming along very nicely and I think you'll like it :wink

Great stuff, I've always fancied trying a quad :cool:

Best wishes
Mike

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #4 on: 09/03/2011 at 04:24 »
Classic tapers this time Mike  :wink , a wee bit shorter, lighter and apparently very nice to use.
I'm looking forward to trying it out too, the theory is very good and Mr B seems to like the sample a lot.
Quite a nice build too :z16

Sandy

Ewan Lindsay

« Reply #5 on: 16/03/2011 at 05:23 »
No fishing Report from Haddo for last week Mike...? ???  Someone must have caught something... :z4

Ewan

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com