Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

New chairman/convenor for River Don DSFB
« on: 15/02/2011 at 18:24 »
May be old news for some but it slipped me by - not that surprising as I'm hardly 'local' these days :!

After many years sterling service Alistair Wallace has stood down as Chair of the Don DSFB and Jon Davidson has taken the helm. I met Mr Davidson at the first River Don Open Day in 2009 and thoroughly enjoyed informed discussion regarding the Don and matters surrounding the river and it's future; I am confident he is very much the right man for the job and will take the Don DSFB into a bright new era.

I'm sure we can all agree that Alistair has been a meaningful presence in the management of the river for many years, as the Chair for one of the 16 fishery boards which have the highest catch he sat on the Council of the ASFB and was also a member of the executive committee of the ASFB.

Alistair will have plenty of time to enjoy fishing the river he cares so much about, I wish him many 'tight lines'.

:z3

Mike Barrio

Re: New chairman/convenor for River Don DSFB
« Reply #1 on: 16/02/2011 at 00:41 »
Excellent post Hamish :z16

Alistair Wallace has indeed been a key figure on our River Don for many years. I have always liked and respected Alistair and I wish him all the very best.

It was also nice to meet up with Jon Davidson again at the March To The River Don on Saturday.

Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com