Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Casting in the wind
« on: 15/02/2011 at 09:31 »
Hi folks :cool:

Here is a great bit of video from Carl McNeils DVD called "Casts That Catch Fish", if you haven't got a copy of this DVD, get one, it really is first class and I fully recommend it!

I got one of the original copies direct from New Zealand towards the end of last year when it first came out, this was a bit tricky to play on some UK machines due to format, but they are now available in the UK and I might take some in to stock to sell at Haddo.

Cheers
Mike

Allan Liddle

Re: Casting in the wind
« Reply #1 on: 15/02/2011 at 21:35 »
Looks the part Mike.

For a minute there i thought you had a guide book on fishing behind Broontroot and Henry.  It's often pretty windy around there :o

Barry Robertson

« Reply #2 on: 15/02/2011 at 22:50 »
Looks cool  :z16
As for format problems Mike, any disc region or code can be played on most DVD players!
You can buy an E Book from Ebay with a list of codes to make Any DVD player a multi region player and recognise any format of disc, this allows you to buy anything from the states and outwith the EU.

Ben Dixon

« Reply #3 on: 15/02/2011 at 22:53 »
I don't agree with throwing a low back cast with a tail wind.  Too low and the top leg of the loop is exposed to the wind and it is simply flattened and the cast is goosed.  I throw the cast straight back into the wind, loop face (point) into the wind and in a hard tail wind I think the D of that roll cast would be flattened too.

Cheers

Ben

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 18/02/2011 at 16:05 »
If anybody is interested, get in touch towards the end of next week and I'll have this DVD in stock.

Price will be £24.95 including postage.

Cheers
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 24/02/2011 at 01:21 »
We now have the "Casts That Catch Fish" DVD available on our fly line website at www.flylineshop.com :z16

And the format of these DVDs appears to work on everything I've tried to play it on :wink

Cheers
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com