Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Bronzebommer

Loch of Skene
« on: 12/02/2011 at 20:39 »
Does anyone know what is happening with Loch of Skene these days? I did hear a rumour that it had been turned into syndicate water, I just wondered if there was any truth in that.

Matt

Rob Brownfield

Re: Loch of Skene
« Reply #1 on: 14/02/2011 at 08:52 »
No truth in that.

Still run by the estate, £85 a years..yes, you heard right, BUT, Scottie Park has set up an angling club there (The syndicate rumour perhaps). Sunday fishing ok now, guest ticket available.

Tickets from the office still, still a waiting list, but MUCH smaller now due to the cost!

Stuart Smith

« Reply #2 on: 14/02/2011 at 09:32 »
is it worth fishing? or is it getting poached like most other lochs next to the road

sorry just having a blast.i was speeking to a member of a club today and theve found set lines in the loch and when they pulled them out there was 3 dead pike on the end between 6lb and 25lb

stuart

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 14/02/2011 at 11:37 »
Thats why a club has been formed..to try and help the estate keep an eye on the place. The Sunday fishing will help as thats when most set lines have been set :(

I don't personnelly think its worth £85 a year, but thats just me. Others do so good luck to them.

I would rather spend £45 a year and get 8 lochs stocked with carp :)

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com