Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Ben Dixon

MacKenzie DTX Day
« on: 11/02/2011 at 22:40 »
Bangour Trout Fishery in West Lothian are hosting a DTX day this Sunday, open to all.  Will be a chance to cast the full Mackenzie range including the new shooting head rods and to watch some demos from Scott, Andy Toft, Iain Kirk and if you're really unlucky me too.  Forecast is reasonable last time I checked so should be a good day out.

Cheers

Ben

Hamish Young

Re: MacKenzie DTX Day
« Reply #1 on: 12/02/2011 at 09:11 »
Now that I would have enjoyed - unfortunately I'm already committed elsewhere tomorrow :z6

H   :z3

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 13/02/2011 at 22:53 »
How did it go today Ben? ........... Good turnout?

Cheers
Mike

Ben Dixon

« Reply #3 on: 13/02/2011 at 23:22 »
Yup,

Was a really good day, weather just about held.  Bumped into Johnny paedo tash Reid which was cool.  Played with a few rods, helped a few guys out with some stuff, really good day with a good atmosphere.  Stevie Reid at Bangour put on a top show too.

Got some pics which I will download tomorrow along with a few from the Don opening.

Cheers

Ben

John Reid

« Reply #4 on: 14/02/2011 at 14:31 »
Had a really good day at Bangour.  I even managed to get my casting corrected a little more thanks to Ben  (I will get there in about 5 years at this rate!)

It was good to catch up with Ben and meet more like minded people (sorry the paedo tash wasn't up to much yesterday mate, more of a haze than a 'tache)...

I really liked the 13' 8# DTX.  I think I will save up my pennies!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com