Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Waders for 2011
« on: 10/02/2011 at 12:34 »
It's coming to that time of year again when we start to think about any new gear that we might need for the new season and a common question is ...... Which waders to buy?

What would be a good buy this year?

Cheers
Mike

Rob Brownfield

Re: Waders for 2011
« Reply #1 on: 10/02/2011 at 15:09 »
I am still happy with my Wychwood breathables. 3rd season coming up and no leaks.

£99 :)

Andy Finlay

« Reply #2 on: 15/03/2011 at 11:47 »
I bought a set of the Airflo Delta's with the Zip (very handy if standing in water makes you want to pee all the time) and they came with the boots as well all for £199. Pretty sure the quality wont be up there with some of the more expensive ones but I've had no issues with them and must have used them 30-40 times already.

Offthebard

« Reply #3 on: 16/03/2011 at 18:27 »
I'd go with Bison Breathables 60-70 quid and mine are still looking good after 3 years. Only mishap has been the usual barb wire but canny blame that on makers.

Very Good VFM IMHO.

Sandy B.O.

stickleback

« Reply #4 on: 16/03/2011 at 18:57 »
I like the Orvis breathables but if you're paying full price they might be a wee bit more than you want to shell out.  Alternatively, give Diver Dave a phone and he should be able to fit you out with a pair of Snowbee Prestige zip front breathables which he's got in various sizes, stocking and boot foot, and which he's selling for around half normal price (£135 ?), I think also with a lifetime guarantee re leaks.

:z18

Cammy

Dave Mundie

« Reply #5 on: 21/03/2011 at 17:49 »

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #6 on: 24/03/2011 at 20:47 »
My wychwood thigh waders were a waste of money they split at a seam shortly after i bought them, I contacted AIRFLO
 who market these but I had lost the reciept so no joy , these were the worst waders I have ever had , I managed a repair, but wearin them today at a hill loch they were leaking higher up , there were no fish rising and the water was bloody cold, I have  replaced these with a pair of Hardwear waders , dont rely on wychwood they were crap for me
 :mad  easgach 1

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com