Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Allan Liddle

Not for the faint of heart this is the real survivors season end bash for all non-lightweights and lovers of the wilds.
Shitty weather a hopeful bonus ;cause this is when the whold character of this place comes alive and burns into your sole, let alone your memory.
Think 'Hound of the Baskervilles', '39 Steps' and you're right on the money 'cause this is straight out a Connon Doyle or John Buchan (it actually features in one of his) novels.  However sometimes 'Dog Soldiers' or 'American Werewolf in London' also springs to mind  :shock :shock :shock :z4 :z4

Fishing is on a host of waters from the major expedition (of which there are loads) through to roadside troot burns or lochans.  From the mighty Shin or Badenloch through to the scattering of moorland lochans worthy of a cast or two as you pass.
Some big name salmon waters close by as well for those without a mortgage (although you'd need to be quick as the season tends to end last day in Sept in these parts) such as Naver or Helsdale (or Cassley, Shin, Oykel, Laxford, i'll stop now  :z4)
But it's the lure of the wild troots in a wild setting that does it for me with a big dose of the Crask hospitality to follow.  Once you've wandered the hills and settled down to Mike and Kai's evening meal you'll see why it's got a great reputation.

Anyway digs are between the Cottage (bunkhoose) not selubrious but full of character (sleeps 12), Hotel for those who can't stand the snoring, Caravan (wait 'til you see the Sandy 'n Stavross's Keba Van, brilliant :grin) or canvas, for the really intrepid.

We're looking at Wednesday 28th Sept through to Mondy 3rd Oct for this one (or anything in between if this is too long for you, although Friday and Saturday are the big nights.

So there you have it guys, get those broonie points racked up now 'cause yer gonna need em.

Who's up for this???? Quality bottles rule as always with cheese and biscuits also compulsroy to keep the cholesterol up during the quiz sessions.  A few Crask veterans on the site can testify to this. :wink

Allan

bordertroot

Re: See The Season Off In Style....The Famous Crask Inn
« Reply #1 on: 01/02/2011 at 09:22 »
Allan,put me down for the Wednesday till Monday,this is always one of the highlights of the season.
Dod get swattin we have a title to defend.---3 in a row :z13 :z18
Another year for connoisseur whisky Sandy ?

Bob

« Reply #2 on: 01/02/2011 at 10:16 »

Alan put me down from wed till monday,a great outing with plenty
      fishing venues.  :grin
      I floattube all the time i am there,no matter the weather there is
       always a place to fish. :z16

Alan i have a nice bottle of single malt Black Grouse. :z4 :z4 :z4

Henry.

Offthebard

« Reply #3 on: 01/02/2011 at 18:40 »
Allan,

The Kebab van will be in full flow as usual, will start dreaming up a good drop of stuff for warming up "Apres Pisc" :z7.

The Stavros Bros will be keen to join the rest of the Mad Hatters as usual put me and Scotty down as definites, will check the calender but will probably be Thursday through to Monday minimum.

We will be doing our Orkney thing before as normal so will be able to recount many pish stories of monster troots, flying caravans, and savour the unique Crask ambience and food.

Venison Kebabs will be this years speciality :shock and mutton pies for those who like something less rich :z4.

Liver has just about recovered from last years silver medal. :oops just not good enough for a Gold Yet! :z14

Sandy. B

Gordon Zola

« Reply #4 on: 02/02/2011 at 00:57 »
Allan, can you put me down for this please
holidays booked from the Wednesday until the Monday,
I might even stay until the Tuesday
Gordon Zola

Whinbush

« Reply #5 on: 03/02/2011 at 21:43 »
Wednesday till the monday for me and ,Bill and Iain and Colin if they are allowed to go due to the fact they dont have internet or are a member of any forum ,
Anybody out there looking for an end of season bash ,this one takes the beating ,not for the faint hearted mind you ,late nights early mornings fuzzy heads but best off all like minded people looking for a spot of fishing and a bit of a crack
Bob 3 in a row  :z18

bordertroot

« Reply #6 on: 07/02/2011 at 20:28 »
Allan, will you put down Gavin for this trip from 28th till the 3rd.

Bob

Broontroot

« Reply #7 on: 20/04/2011 at 22:21 »
 :z16 Im sure ill make this one, Hate to say it but roll on the end o season bash.

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #8 on: 20/06/2011 at 20:53 »
I will try to make it if I can get booked in to the inn,cant let gordon zola have it all his own way, :z18  easgach 1

Allan Liddle

« Reply #9 on: 22/06/2011 at 09:53 »
Cheers Easgach

See you there.

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #10 on: 25/06/2011 at 21:10 »
got the weekend at the inn, must remember to get some of that special blend of whisky for the more discerning members  :z4 easgach1

Gordon Zola

« Reply #11 on: 05/07/2011 at 21:53 »
I am bringing a pal, he knows what to expect  :z4

bordertroot

« Reply #12 on: 05/07/2011 at 23:33 »
Does this friend have a big white beard ? :wink

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #13 on: 06/07/2011 at 12:14 »
No BT that one has welsh connections, the large white beard may be trimmed, I,m short of dubbing easgach1

Gordon Zola

« Reply #14 on: 06/07/2011 at 16:26 »
Shhhhh I was keeping his identity secret
all I can say is he won't win a Gold Medal  :z4

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com