Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

bordertroot

Re: See The Season Off In Style....The Famous Crask Inn
« Reply #15 on: 06/07/2011 at 23:55 »
No BT that one has welsh connections, the large white beard may be trimmed, I,m short of dubbing easgach1
Look forward to meeting you !
Bob

Gordon Zola

« Reply #16 on: 08/09/2011 at 01:36 »
less than 3 weeks
Andy and I will be there late Wednesday afternoon
Steve

Hamish Young

« Reply #17 on: 30/09/2011 at 17:10 »
Interesting weather for the guys up on this trip..... I wonder how they're getting on :?
Wee bit of rain (showers) last few hours near Inverness, so if it's here it'll be there too :z16

:z3

Allan Liddle

« Reply #18 on: 03/10/2011 at 16:57 »
Weather certainly was interesting to say the least with very very little in the way of wind and the only real disturbance to the loch surface was rising troot.
Plenty fish caught, plenty apris fish entertainments had, fantastic food, crackin malt (and an excellent drop of Islay Gin), outstanding scenery, brilliant hosts in Mike and Kai from the Crask Inn who did us proud once again and plenty beautiful fish in all thier autumn finery.

Best fish was about a pound and a half which was itself surprising that the magical 2lb wasn't breached, although a monster estimated in excess of five was lost on a 'wee' loch not too distant from Lairg.
Hoppers, Bibio Emerger, Black and White, small Hogs all scored high and no blank waters recorded.
Only sad news for me was the trip cut short due to a little person close to me falling and breaking an arm late Saturday which meant i had to rush home.  Thankfully on the mend now and plenty fish with sore mouths by this time anyway.

Brilliant trip and brilliant way to see off yet another memorable season which has had so many highlights it's difficult to pick out the best, impossible even given the places, people, fish et all it has been a real pleasure to encounter along the way.
2011 filed under yet another good vintage season.

Pics will follow as soon as i get them off the camera.

Allan

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #19 on: 06/10/2011 at 21:13 »
and a fine weekend was had by this one, hope the wee fella is OK but kids recover better than adults, blue tongue was predominant after you left nearly had to take GordonZola to the vets and billy succumbed on the saturday luckily it wasnt terminalbut anout break of Blue tongue like that can be worrying for stock keepers  :cool: easgach1

Hamish Young

« Reply #20 on: 24/10/2011 at 10:12 »
So then guys, any pics from the end of season bash at the Crask :?

:z3

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #21 on: 19/11/2011 at 13:40 »
 there are some somewhere but every one seems to be keeping them , I forgot to take my camera out so nothing from me, but I had a good weekend with trout to 1lb but good fish lost on Loch Craggie, estimated over the 2lb mark, not my estimation but that of my boat companion,a good weekend in good company, easgach 1

Allan Liddle

« Reply #22 on: 22/11/2011 at 21:32 »
Aye Easgach pity you didn't lan that one, still you can't get them all.  Been a season for losing big fish for me with my best 3lb 12oz which is still a belter.  Still on the plus side i've had more in the 2lb to 2lb 12oz this year than ever before so certainly up on noteable fish.

Anyway i do promise some pics to back up this trip as soon as i've sorted out my external hard drive thing which is where i store all my pics now.  Santa's supposed to be bringing me a better one of these that dosen't need a power socket (plug) and comes direct from the usb, and is a fecking site smaller than the one i'm using just now.  :z16  So big brute for back up and new one for easy access. There'll be no excuses about no pics after that btw.

I'm sure Noel will keep badgering me till those pics are posted.

Cheers

Allan

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com