Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Broontroot

Re: Late Summer Caithness or Orkney Bash August 25th-29th
« Reply #15 on: 26/02/2011 at 17:17 »
Just throw a sickie ya neep. :z4

Gav send us a copy o yer rota just in case i get one you can make, and i'll be sure and book it for another time  :wink

Dryflee (on Broontroots computur)

Sent from Broontroots scabby auld computu and no any feckin fancy aye phone but i've got a Blackberry anyay so get it right up ye!

« Reply #16 on: 28/02/2011 at 11:19 »

I gav you will have to get out with the rest of us neeps. :z16

Henry.

Allan Liddle

« Reply #17 on: 03/03/2011 at 13:22 »
Ok wee update.

It's going to be Orkney nas we are looking at Thursday 28th August to Tuesday 30th August.
I've ferries to sort out so exact travel times TBC however digs are booked at the Birsay Outdoor Centre which has bunkhouse accomodation on the shores of Boardhouse Loch so location, location, location (or it would have been if it was on Harray, but close enough  :wink)

There's a spare bed in the current booked accom, however if any others fancy making this a big Gathering then you can book by contacting the booking number (01856) 873535.  Sorry but the en-suite rooms are already nabbed by us  :wink :wink

At present there are five members going, me, Graham, Henry, Bob and John and we are meeting up with Sandy and Scott.  Plenty room for more.

Fishing this time of year can be brilliant and, as long as we don't get early Equinox Gales, the cream of the dry flee season awaits.  Daddies, Early LDO's, Heatherflee, Cow Dungs, Buzzers can, and readily do, bring up the fish, with some'Rod Benders' amongst them.

Seatroot in the voes are becoming more gathered in number about then as well so a bit of salt water sport is there for any who fancy it.  Sandy's yer man for this, although i know a couple of good wee bits you can give a blast for an hour or two.  And if it dosen't work?  No problem just head for a loch. :cool:

Ok time to go.

Allan

Gordon Zola

« Reply #18 on: 04/03/2011 at 20:30 »
I had hoped to come to this one but checking my work rota and I am working that weekend and can't change it

Broontroot

« Reply #19 on: 15/03/2011 at 17:19 »
Allan you forgot to metntion a wee bit o river fishing can be had next tae the brig, right at the spot i helped you get yer  :z15 sea troot fae a few years ago, i mind it weel i had to cast oot for ye, made a couple o retreives n bingo, i handed the rod tae ye for the complimentary photie  :z19

Allan Liddle

« Reply #20 on: 15/03/2011 at 18:13 »
Aye you were hoping i was in too deep after standing on that concrete thing for half an hour wi the tide comin in  :z4

Luckily it wiz only up to the top o ma legs otherwise it wiz a dookin fur me  :z4 :z4 :z4
Even mair lucky wiz the fact i spotted the rods were only sittin on the rod carriers and no strapped in, or they'd have went flying as well  :shock

I'm sure Sandy can guide us to some other crackin marks fur a we blast in the salt.

The accomodation chosen has plenty room lads in case others fancy a wee blast at this, crackin weekend on offer with crackin fishin, crackin craic and crackin cheese Grommit.

Allan

Whinbush

« Reply #21 on: 15/03/2011 at 23:12 »
If he was standing on a square concrete thing it must have been yer heed  :z16

Allan Liddle

« Reply #22 on: 16/03/2011 at 13:07 »
If he was standing on a square concrete thing it must have been yer heed  :z16

Thanks for your comment Gordon.

I know it's a long way off guys but just keeping a regular check on any interested in attending?

Offthebard

« Reply #23 on: 16/03/2011 at 18:22 »
Not a bad spot the concrete things but you have to watch what comes oot the pipe :shock.

Hooked and lost a salmon at the net there as it burried my dropper in the pop weed :cry. Looked a lovely fish possibly around +8Lb if I'd bullied it to the net more I might have just had a wee photie.

If the wind is right we'll try another top spot that always seems to produce for the silvers and its not well kent :wink. One local boy I know who Gillies had 21 fish to 11Lb in a couple of days there and fishes with what can only be called the Orkney Fly! His theory works though and seems to result in good hookups.

Here's me dreaming of Orkney Silver and Gold already :cool:.

First wild broonies on a nice rise on Dartmoor yesterday PM, think I'll try the wee pool tomorrow :z7.

Sandy B.O. 

Offthebard

« Reply #24 on: 12/05/2011 at 16:23 »
Looks like we will be booking van into Birsay Outdoor centre Thursday until the Monday so there will be no road running for Apres Fish. We'll see you all there around Thursday Lunchtime.

Sandy.

Allan Liddle

« Reply #25 on: 16/08/2011 at 11:30 »
Not long now and getting excited.  There's still room for any latecomers who fancy a trip in a true anglers paradise.

Allan

Jim Eddie

« Reply #26 on: 16/08/2011 at 17:54 »
Not long now and getting excited.  There's still room for any latecomers who fancy a trip in a true anglers paradise.

Allan

I'd love to come Allan, however not enough Brownie points or holidays left at work  :oops

:z18

Jim

Mike M

« Reply #27 on: 16/08/2011 at 19:54 »
Remember and leave a couple o troot in Harry for me for the following week will you Allan.

Allan Liddle

« Reply #28 on: 17/08/2011 at 10:09 »
Shame Jim, you could always throw a sickie at work and just let the missus think yer heading out for a newspaper  :z4

Mike i'll try my best and if you get any troots with Bibio Emergers or Hoppers in thier mooths you'll know what they were on the week before.  :wink

Jim Eddie

« Reply #29 on: 17/08/2011 at 19:31 »
Shame Jim, you could always throw a sickie at work and just let the missus think yer heading out for a newspaper  :z4

Mike i'll try my best and if you get any troots with Bibio Emergers or Hoppers in thier mooths you'll know what they were on the week before.  :wink

She's already fallen for that one once Allan  :z4 :z4 :z4

:z18

Jim

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com