Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Allan Liddle

Spring Fling Park and Thereabouts
« on: 31/01/2011 at 20:53 »
Following on from the enthusiastic response from yesterday's wee casting gathering (i knew i wiz bad, but never realised just how bad  :oops) i thought i'd strike whilst the iron wiz hot and get a couple or three wee potential trips up on here to guage the response.

So first up is a wee Maytime dig over Drummuir way for a Spring bash at one of my favourite tubing venues Loch Park famous for it's weed and none too uncommon rod bender or two, staying Friday 6th and Saturday 7th May.

Staying in the superior bunkhoose in Drummuir (to be confirmed 'cause Jame's no answering his phone the night) with it's cracking big rooms, plenty cooking facilities, nae telly  :z16, big table fur tying, eatin and holding aw the drink glesses, plenty drying places and crackin showers.
Usually about £20 per night which is a wee bit steep for a bunkhouse i know but all who have stayed agree it's worth it.  Good chippys, Chineese, Curry Hoose's and Tesco not too distant in Keith wi the same (minus the curry hoose and Tesco in Dufftown) so you'll no starve.

Oh any and on the fishing front there's Park itself, Don and Deveron not too far away (i've plenty numbers for the Deveron if that's yer fancy), and a host of small streams close by including the jungle warfare of the Fiddich, mystery of the upper Isla, rambling rolling Tomintoul hill burns, lovely Livet and, if yer lucky and or rich, the mighty Spey.  in fact better make that a fortnight not just a weekend to get round a decent bit of it all eh? :z4

One rule and that's quality bottles only but putting them in the freezer's banned after an unfortunate trip a few years back when we were awe hungower untill Monday night :shock :z4 :z4

So names down for those who fancy, bunkhouse holds 12 or 14 (i'll confirm onceJames call back) i think so plenty room.

Cheers

Allan

Mike Barrio

Re: Spring Fling Park and Thereabouts
« Reply #1 on: 31/01/2011 at 21:31 »
Great stuff Allan ..... that's going to be a grand weekend :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Noel Kelly

« Reply #2 on: 31/01/2011 at 21:49 »
Oh man I vaguely remember being very drunk in that bunkhoose a lot of laughter and maybe a bit of fishing...

Lads ignore what Allan is saying about Loch Park, its shite. There was never a trout in it over 4 inches and I have it on good authority that all those poor little 4 inch trout died recently of starvation and boredom so no point in fishing loch Park then. Ever.

Other than that I'm sure the rivers mentioned will be brilliant so best to just concentrate on those. Loch where ???

Allan if I'm still in the UK I would be keen on this one. Whether I will still be here or not is anyone's guess at the moment and is down to work.
So I guess I'm a maybe. 
 :z18
Noel.       

bordertroot

« Reply #3 on: 31/01/2011 at 22:09 »
Aye a great time will be had by all,Im gettin dragged off to sunnier climes for 6 weeks so will miss this one.
My most memorable fish of last year was lost  on the Deveron day of this outing last year.
No need to say , the whole time was just about memorable. ;D
Enjoy it

Bob

Jim Eddie

« Reply #4 on: 01/02/2011 at 18:01 »
Allan

I'll no be able to jump the reservation for 2 days , I'll come on whatever day you are going to tube Park.

:z18

Jim

Hamish Young

« Reply #5 on: 01/02/2011 at 18:17 »

Lads ignore what Allan is saying about Loch Park, its shite. There was never a trout in it over 4 inches and I have it on good authority that all those poor little 4 inch trout died recently of starvation and boredom so no point in fishing loch Park then. Ever.

Other than that I'm sure the rivers mentioned will be brilliant so best to just concentrate on those. Loch where ???

Lol  :z4 :z4 :z4

:z3

Offthebard

« Reply #6 on: 01/02/2011 at 18:49 »
Allan,

Me and Scotty should be up for this one, I'll confirm on Friday when I can check dates with him. Would really like to get some early tubing in this Season - I think Park is OK for this :?.

We will probably set out Thursday evening and will arrive Friady 08.00am I'll be needing a decent bed  by the time fishing is over on Friday :z16.

I know where this is now so I'll know be driving all over the countryside looking foor it :oops.

Sandy B. 

« Reply #7 on: 01/02/2011 at 19:23 »

Sandy i will see you and Scotty there ,does Scotty remember about a bigger size flippers for me.

Henry :z14

Offthebard

« Reply #8 on: 02/02/2011 at 19:13 »
Aye Henry,

Scotty's on the case :wink.

Sandy B.

Whinbush

« Reply #9 on: 03/02/2011 at 21:52 »
Sandy i know plenty of comfy beds up in them parts just depends on how fussy you are ,Allan guess you have been found out at last regarding the casting ,always said if your head wasn,t so big you would be able to keep the rod on the horizontal instead of having to go slightly  to the side when it comes into contact with your vastly overgrown head knocking your flee off target ,only angler i know who is more dangerous than friendly fire from the Americans :z7

Allan Liddle

« Reply #10 on: 04/02/2011 at 22:02 »
Tut tut no need for sarcasm Gordon you might hurt my feelings  :z4

Allan Liddle

« Reply #11 on: 06/02/2011 at 08:58 »
Ok guys so far Sandy and Scott, with Jim coming over for the day to fish Park (Sunday most likely Jim)

Any other takers?

« Reply #12 on: 07/02/2011 at 18:21 »

I am up for the Friday and Saturday.

Henry :z18

Broontroot

« Reply #13 on: 20/04/2011 at 22:30 »
Count me in also, wont be long noooooooo

Allan Liddle

« Reply #14 on: 21/04/2011 at 22:10 »
Ok guys time running out and a few names down.  Still plenty room at the Inn though.

We've got Me, Broontroot, Part Time John, Henry, Sandy and Scott for Fri and Sat.  Any other takers pop yer name down here.

Fri fishing some running water close by fot those who fancy it, with Park the alternative for still water lovers.  And it hasn't been fished much yet either.  :wink

Sat running water again for me (prob broontroot and John as well) with all on Park for a float tube bash on Sunday (Jedi still keen on this?  If yer over to the bunkhoose fur 9.00 you'll get yer brekkie Jim  :cool:)

Looks like bein another cracker.   :grin

Allan

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com