Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Some sweeeeeeeeeeeet micro lures
« on: 20/01/2011 at 13:45 »
I know they are not fur and fibre creations, but i thought these micro lures were stunning and worth sharing.

http://www.microbait.com/eng/eng.php?podstrona=products

Mike Barrio

Re: Some sweeeeeeeeeeeet micro lures
« Reply #1 on: 20/01/2011 at 14:14 »
Hi Rob :z16

Yes, nice looking wee lures, thanks for sharing :cool:

I don't think much of their ethos though I'm afraid :roll

Quote from their 'About Us' page:
It was our passion for fishing that became the driving force leading to the creation of our first lure models. We promote “Catch and Release” way of fishing to preserve our natural stocks and allow the future generations to enjoy the pleasures of this great sport as well.

Yet these micro lures have barbed treble hooks on them :shock

Best wishes
Mike

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 21/01/2011 at 11:30 »
There is still a strong resistence to barbless hooks amoung lure anglers. When a fish shakes its head the weight of the lure, even at these small sizes, can cause a barbless hook to fly out.

I am not sure of the answer to tell the truth and thats probably one of the reasons I have switched entirely to Pike flies these days, my Jerkbait outfits are gathering dust.

Peter McCallum

« Reply #3 on: 21/01/2011 at 16:16 »
I had some hooks by Partridge who did an update on roman mosers barbless hooks with a 'bump' for want of a better word, where the barb would be normally. Maybe some enterprising hook maker could come up with an alternative treble with a bump, though unlikely since the demise of Alan Bramley.

Hamish Young

« Reply #4 on: 21/01/2011 at 16:48 »
I have seen such hooks on a well known internet auction site - a wee bit of experimentation may be in order :z16

:z3

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #5 on: 23/01/2011 at 22:37 »
I crimp the barbs on my trebles, and this leaves a small bump. It does seem to help with keeping the hook in.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com