Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Kevin Moss

Glen of Rothes trout fishery
« on: 19/01/2011 at 19:47 »
Well the road to the fishery seems like the yellow brick road ,never ending sorting.But it is now back to its former glory and all sorted out,no sleeping policemen,but take it easy driving in 10mph,please.Also we have done alot of work around the lochs on the edgeing and it has made a big difference and cleared alot of water for fishing that had been unfishable.Stocking is now back on song and is back to normal , now that fish farms have reopened and fish can now be delivered.

We were glad to be offered a competition on July 10th for a very worthy cause today "Fishing for Heroes".Full details will be publicised as we get them and we hope you will support this very worthy cause on behalf of all our war veterans who still today suffer from the effects of their experiences We hope you will support this event and raise as much as possible for them.

All the lochs are free of any ice and fishing is getting back to normal at last.

Trout master fish off is on 20th march
Scottish bank stillwater International heat is on 30th april
Fishing for Heroes competition is on 10th July
Airflo International heat TBC
Snowbee Masters competition TBC

Names can be taken anytime for any of the above.

Sandy Nelson

Re: Glen of Rothes trout fishery
« Reply #1 on: 20/01/2011 at 11:18 »
Is the Heroes comp on the 10th or the 20th?
You mention both in the post :z8

cheers

sandy

Kevin Moss

« Reply #2 on: 20/01/2011 at 12:59 »
hi Sandy
sorry i did say it was the 20th but it is on the 10th,I changed it as soon as I spotted it.

Apoligies for confusion.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 20/01/2011 at 13:08 »
Well the road to the fishery seems like the yellow brick road ,never ending sorting.But it is now back to its former glory and all sorted out,no sleeping policemen,but take it easy driving in 10mph,please.Also we have done alot of work around the lochs on the edgeing and it has made a big difference and cleared alot of water for fishing that had been unfishable.Stocking is now back on song and is back to normal , now that fish farms have reopened and fish can now be delivered.

We were glad to be offered a competition on July 20th for a very worthy cause today "Fishing for Heroes".Full details will be publicised as we get them and we hope you will support this very worthy cause on behalf of all our war veterans who still today suffer from the effects of their experiences We hope you will support this event and raise as much as possible for them.

All the lochs are free of any ice and fishing is getting back to normal at last.

Trout master fish off is on 20th march
Scottish bank stillwater International heat is on 30th april
Fishing for Heroes competition is on 10th July
Airflo International heat TBC
Snowbee Masters competition TBC

Names can be taken anytime for any of the above.

Hi Kevin :z16

I think this is what Sandy meant .... ( red in the above quote )

Cheers
Mike

Kevin Moss

« Reply #4 on: 20/01/2011 at 13:16 »
Sorry Mike all sorted now.
 :oops

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 20/01/2011 at 13:20 »
Great stuff Kevin :z16

Thanks for posting the information, The Glen is well within reach from this area and I'm sure a few folk will support your events. Looks like you're getting off to a better start to 2011 than I am, Haddo is still frozen solid :z6

Best wishes!
Mike

Kevin Moss

« Reply #6 on: 20/01/2011 at 13:40 »
No doubts its going to be a hard time for everyone Mike,

We got frost last night  and the pumps are on the go again now so at least we have water open.Sometimes though makes you wonder if the income v the outgoing on electricity is worth it.

I wish you all the best for the year and hope it comes good for you.Im sure it will.

« Reply #7 on: 20/01/2011 at 13:44 »

I will be in for fishing for heroes anything for a good cause.

I have a young loon Andrew, the other have of the waterbouys, who loves the compition fishing .

Henry

Kevin Moss

« Reply #8 on: 20/01/2011 at 17:10 »
Hi Henry thats good to hear,ill look forward to seeing you both.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #9 on: 21/01/2011 at 11:40 »
I will be there for the Fishing for Heros too.

Trying to get some of the Regiment there too, but they seem a bit squimish when it comes to fish....lol

Kevin Moss

« Reply #10 on: 21/01/2011 at 16:58 »
The more the merrier Rob,its supporting the cause more than anything else.

Further details Ill put up closer towards the event or as and when I receive them.

Thanks to everyone for the support for them.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #11 on: 21/01/2011 at 17:36 »
The more the merrier Rob,its supporting the cause more than anything else.

Further details Ill put up closer towards the event or as and when I receive them.

Thanks to everyone for the support for them.

I'm not a lover of competitions but as my Grandfather fought in the Great War, my Old man in WW2 and the wifes brother is currently in Afganistan and I beleive in the charity I'll come along.
Pencil me in Kevin

:z18

Jim

Kevin Moss

« Reply #12 on: 21/01/2011 at 19:09 »
No probs jim,as i say will get all details out as soon as I get them from Tony.

The Glen has plenty of open water for fishing and plenty of space for anglers.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com