Fishing The Fly Forum, based in Aberdeenshire,  Scotland

Jim Eddie

Delgatie
« on: January 15, 2011, 16:38:32 PM »
I can report that Delgatie was 90% Ice free today. It was nice to be out again on a reasonably mild day. Nice drive up with roads being snow and ice free.
Water was slightly coloured but not to bad.
Had a reasonably sucessful day on lures and Baz's Corrmorant did well, the guys who were out in the boat were doing much better though.

:z18

Jim
"Because in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing what they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion."

Barry Robertson

Re: Delgatie
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 19:04:13 PM »
Glad to hear you got out and enjoyed some sport Jim, nice to hear that some flies work for you  :wink

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 19:06:15 PM »
Nae joy with the Clatto Tadpole though Baz :z4 :z4 :z4

Jim
"Because in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing what they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion."

Barry Robertson

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 19:10:04 PM »
You dont own the real Clatto tadpole jim :z4

Jim Eddie

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 19:20:08 PM »
I know Baz , I;d be to embarrased  :oops

Jim

Barry Robertson

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 19:23:19 PM »
Ah i see, i wont bother throwing in any in the next lot of flies then  :z6

Jim Eddie

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 19:26:15 PM »
Ah i see, i wont bother throwing in any in the next lot of flies then  :z6

You know me Baz I'm always willing to experiment  :z4 :z4 :z4

James Abel

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 20:25:37 PM »
You know me Baz I'm always willing to experiment  :z4 :z4 :z4

Jim the fish are allways in the boat at Delgati i dont want to tell you how to suck eggs but it was a good day just a pitty the ice did not melt quicker if i knew you were the Jedi i would have got a bit oh crack we you  :z3
A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work!

Barry Robertson

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 20:42:00 PM »
Were you beasting them on the Fab james??

James Abel

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 19:12:22 PM »
Were you beasting them on the Fab james??

I had a load of diffrent flies but bright pink and black  blobs were working well and had a few on the blood worm then they all took off  :z19 iv got some new flies im dying to try them i will give you a report when i see you on thursday i just hope they work  :z14
A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work!

Forum moderators : Mike Barrio - Hamish Young - Sandy Nelson

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines - www.flylineshop.com - At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Copyright www.fishingthefly.co.uk all rights reserved

Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website forum