Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

Re: Dipsey divers and down rigger - wanted!
« Reply #15 on: 23/01/2011 at 09:41 »
Funny........... I wasn't thinking about a float tube but something else peaked my sense of humour  :wink

Probably more suited to 'your' part of the world Sandy  :z4

:z3

Ben Dixon

« Reply #16 on: 23/01/2011 at 21:06 »
Ahhhhhhh........ well.... errrr.... let's just say that it's a work in progress that she who must be obeyed need not know too much about just yet  :wink

In other words I don't have one yet  :z7

Yet..... Working on it!!

Ben

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #17 on: 23/01/2011 at 22:53 »
oh right thought you were still in dinnet
long way from a ferox loch here in aboyne  :z6

Oh no your not ;) I have had one of 9 and one of 11 not a million miles from Aboyne :) Thats if you define a Ferox as a Brown thats turned cannibal...

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #18 on: 23/01/2011 at 23:04 »
Hamish,
I cant find the dipsys, or 2 Abu 6501Cs and around £300 worth of lures..not a happy bunny!!

Anyway, have you looked at Paravanes from Storm? I found them better than Dipsys as once a fish is hooked, or the bottom come to think of it, they invert and plane to the surface. GAC have them at around a fiver depending on size.

Hamish Young

« Reply #19 on: 24/01/2011 at 00:03 »
I cant find the dipsys, or 2 Abu 6501Cs and around £300 worth of lures..not a happy bunny!!

Ooopsie  :z10

Anyway, have you looked at Paravanes from Storm? I found them better than Dipsys as once a fish is hooked, or the bottom come to think of it, they invert and plane to the surface. GAC have them at around a fiver depending on size.

I have two Fladen paravanes to try out, I'm intrigued by them  :shock

Oh no your not ;) I have had one of 9 and one of 11 not a million miles from Aboyne :) Thats if you define a Ferox as a Brown thats turned cannibal...

I would tend to agree Rob although some might reasonably argue that Ferox are defined by their predation on char.
Ultimately, they're cannibals.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #20 on: 24/01/2011 at 11:37 »
I would tend to agree Rob although some might reasonably argue that Ferox are defined by their predation on char.
Ultimately, they're cannibals.

And thats the problem when Scientists can't agree themselves.

I have one water in mind that produces Char, but you can only fly fish the place...but it does not say you cannot fly fish with very large bait fish patterns :) John Baily famously was taking very large Ferox from Rannoch on the fly, so I wonder...hmmmmmm

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com