Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Peter Rawlinson

My Mistery Rod - Info anyone ?
« on: 11/01/2011 at 16:49 »
First of all , this is my first  post so Hi to everyone.

My favourite trout rod -think we all have a favourite one - is getting a bit worse for wear so I decided to purchase exactly the same rod . Or at least get prices for it. Cannot remember where I got it but was second hand I know that , and probably is an old one.

Think it is only a cheap rod but it casts great and has that nice feel to it when into a good trout  .

Now the problem is  I have googled and searched and can not find anything close to it . From what I can make out these are the details on the rod ......

LEEDA Excellence Fly , ******** carbon,  AFTM 8/9 , AF 3652 , Length 10-1/2' , and the triangle with the elec power warning. I can not make out what the rest says . It is now  a foot shorter than 10-1/2', but still casts smoothly .

Anyone ever come across these ' Excellence Fly ' rods ? Any info appreciated .

Thanks

Jim Eddie

Re: My Mistery Rod - Info anyone ?
« Reply #1 on: 11/01/2011 at 17:36 »
Pete

Probably not the latest Leeda model and may not have been on sale for some time. I would suggest that you are over gunned with a 8/9 rod for trout.

Why not come along to the Sports Villiage on the 30th and you can have the opportunity to have a cast with a few different rods.

:z18

Jim   

Peter Rawlinson

Re: My Mistery Rod - Info anyone ?
« Reply #2 on: 11/01/2011 at 21:50 »
Thanks Jim ,   I think  it  may be a mismatch . Different butt from a different rod . But it seems to work .

Going to try for the Sports Village , thanks for the info .

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com