Hamish Young

Re: Looking forward to the new season
« Reply #15 on: 08/01/2011 at 00:10 »
It was worth it for that reaction alone  :z4

:z3

paavo

« Reply #16 on: 08/01/2011 at 10:04 »
The season is far away when it looks like this.

Of course there´s dreams of good hatches and plan is upper Tweed and River Annan around mid-May.

//Harri

Matt Henderson

« Reply #17 on: 08/01/2011 at 23:13 »
I'm hoping if I'm an ultra good boy I might get a pass for the March to the River Don.  And failing that I might have a day on the Dee early Feb.  I'm hoping for a day like last year crisp frost and bright sunshine.  Standing baw deep in freezing water and just enjoying my first taste of real peace and quiet since the 2009 season.  Last time I was fishing was at Mike's on the second last day of the season due to the weather. 

:z15 :z15

Dario

« Reply #18 on: 09/01/2011 at 21:00 »
Mike,
this is very good topic, makes me feel that I am not alone, being the only fishing person at home and in the office, no many people around me can understand my current day dreaming thinking about the forth coming season... and imagining my self casting the flies to the  water..... this is what really keeps me going during winter.

At the moment I am reading a nice book (courtesy of secret Santa at work) Bruce Sandison: Angling Lines - Fishing Scotland. And this also keeps me sane....

Roll on April.... and the nice weather  :roll...., so I can take my flies for a swim..... and if I catch a fish that will be a bonus...

Dario

bordertroot

« Reply #19 on: 09/01/2011 at 21:55 »
Having just retired Im looking forward to local fishing on Tweed,Teviot and nearby hill lochs on concession season tickets  :z4 :z4

Ben Dixon

« Reply #20 on: 09/01/2011 at 22:31 »
Having just retired Im looking forward to local fishing on Tweed,Teviot and nearby hill lochs on concession season tickets  :z4 :z4

Looking forward to retirement too, meantime a bit of fishing would be nice if it ever defrosts up here

Ben

John Reid

« Reply #21 on: 09/01/2011 at 22:36 »
Cabin fever has got me.  I'm off bugging for grayling tomorrow  :z2

Barry Robertson

« Reply #22 on: 09/01/2011 at 22:37 »
Where u going John?

Ben Dixon

« Reply #23 on: 09/01/2011 at 23:40 »
Is there anywhere not frozen?

John Reid

« Reply #24 on: 10/01/2011 at 09:37 »
I'm off to the Clyde.  Just heading to get a permit just now then to Crossford.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #25 on: 10/01/2011 at 17:29 »
I'm off to the Clyde.  Just heading to get a permit just now then to Crossford.

Let us know how you get on John

:z18

Jim

Allan Liddle

« Reply #26 on: 10/01/2011 at 19:52 »
Early season will find me wandering the banks of a bit of running water searching for a rod bender or two moving to March Broons or LDO's and progressing throught May to early June onto the Blue Wings.
Or bobbing about in the tube on a near local Loch searching for some nice (often rod bender quality) troots feeding on a selection (mostly buzzers early on but olives as we progress through May)

Then it's the lure of higher waters through June (as well as a wee foray to Orkney in search of olive, buzzer, cow dung and shrimp feeding broons, or an odd throw with a big flashy flee in the brine for thier salt cousins)

July and thoughts turn to Mayflee waters and we are lucky to be blessed with one or two crackin ones as far spread as Assynt, Sutherland and Caithness.

August and it's time for the Sedge or Daddy feeders when some serious sport can be found in the most unlikely of conditions.  Troots in the prime of condition hard on the top, magic

September and it's back to the running water olive feeders for a late big troot bash, or a continuation of the August loch feeders.   Short lining in the big waves can produce some memorable sport, and as the month progresses the colours of the fish become fantastic.

Aye roll on another season, i canne wait.

Allan

John Reid

« Reply #27 on: 11/01/2011 at 17:53 »
Let us know how you get on John

Jim
It was good to get out.  Unfortunately, I never got any grayling but got a wee trout (really wee) and hooked plenty of rocks.  Think I need to tie bugs with less weight or find some gravelly bottoms.  :z17

Jim Eddie

« Reply #28 on: 12/01/2011 at 06:38 »
At least you goy out John  :z16

Jim

Barry Robertson

« Reply #29 on: 15/01/2011 at 03:20 »
15 sleeps to go and hopefully this will be me in Oman !
Cant wait

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com