Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

Sad news indeed
« on: 02/01/2011 at 10:39 »
Some of you may already be aware, but I was not until this morning, that Lesley Crawford passed away peacefully at Raigmore Hospital on the 28th of December 2010 following a short illness.

Perhaps better known to some for her regular angling newspaper column in Caithness she was also quite a prolific book writer and produced a number of very useful books on trout fishing with a Highland slant.

I met her only once on the banks of Loch Shin several years ago and enjoyed the look of sheer 'horror' on her face when she peaked into my fly box and saw the size of my claret bumbles - she 'borrowed' a couple but I never did find out if she had any success with them. I very much enjoyed talking to her and can see why so many people enjoyed her company as a guide on the Reay Lochs near her home.

A sad loss indeed to the angling community and I'm sure we would all extend our deepest symapthies to her family.

Hamish

Jim Eddie

Re: Sad news indeed
« Reply #1 on: 02/01/2011 at 10:41 »
Sad news indeed Hamish , sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with her family.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 02/01/2011 at 11:34 »
That is very sad news Hamish, Lesley will certainly be missed by the angling community.

My thoughts are with her family.

Mike

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #3 on: 02/01/2011 at 11:42 »
As are mine

sandy

Jim Eddie

« Reply #4 on: 02/01/2011 at 12:41 »
For those who were not aware of Lesley this is an extract from her web-site

http://www.wildtroutfisher.co.uk/

Cheers

Jim

« Reply #5 on: 02/01/2011 at 14:55 »

Thanks for putting this link up Jim very intersting lady.

my thoughts are with her family.

Irvine Ross

« Reply #6 on: 02/01/2011 at 15:14 »
I am very sorry to hear about the passing of Leslie Crawford. We had a day out with her on the Reay lochs when our youngest was starting to fish the fly. She was kindness and patience personified with a wee laddie whose skill and co-ordination was never of the best. I always meant to go back to enjoy her company again but the opportunity never arose, and now it never will. My thoughts are with her family.

Irvine

Allan Liddle

« Reply #7 on: 02/01/2011 at 18:30 »
Sad news sympathy to her family.  Met Leslie a couple of times back in the CASTAG days.  There was no questioning her love of angling

Allan

Mike Barrio

« Reply #8 on: 12/01/2011 at 00:32 »
I see that Lesley's website has been updated and has a footnote saying "We would like to use this page to pay tribute to Lesley" ..... http://www.wildtroutfisher.co.uk/

Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com