Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

gunner100

Re: Whats the weather doing near you?
« Reply #15 on: 17/12/2010 at 12:25 »

This is the site I have been using to get info on the road conditions over the last few weeks. Hope it may be of use to someone.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/northeastscotland/

Lyall

Mike Barrio

« Reply #16 on: 17/12/2010 at 16:26 »
Well, just back from my last walk down to the post office of the day ....... and it is pretty cold out there :shock

Cheers
Mike

Barry Robertson

« Reply #17 on: 17/12/2010 at 16:27 »
It was so cold i got cancelled at the helli port  :z4
And i even have a later check in time for tomorrow morning , sweeeeeet  :z18

Noel Kelly

« Reply #18 on: 18/12/2010 at 23:07 »
Fair dump of snow happening in Kintore tonight. Much more than forecast again :z6 

John Reid

« Reply #19 on: 18/12/2010 at 23:14 »
Dinging down in Pitmedden as well!  All my snow clearing efforts today have been undone!  :cry :cry

Ben Dixon

« Reply #20 on: 19/12/2010 at 00:46 »
Just got back from Banchory, anymore snow and the B977 will only be passable to 4x4's and or something with a good bit of ground clearance.  8 - 10" in places on main road.

Got to get back there again tomorrow!!

Ben

John Reid

« Reply #21 on: 19/12/2010 at 01:01 »
Hope you weren't working till this time Mr D!  :z7

Mike Barrio

« Reply #22 on: 19/12/2010 at 01:44 »
Just got back from 'Mike's festive taxi run', roads are interesting, but the old Astra is still going strong :z16

Cheers
Mike

Hamish Young

« Reply #23 on: 19/12/2010 at 10:41 »
According to my little met station it was -12 when I reluctantly got up at 06:30 yesterday to choke a cat (that is not a euphemism for anything else, I genuinely wanted to kill one of our cats yesterday morning... but that's another story) by 10:30 it was -2 and snowing hard.
Then it stopped snowing..... and it got a wee bit nippy again hitting a deeply baltic -15 around 11pm last night.

Today it's been getting milder and milder we have -2, it's very overcast and looks like it's trying very hard to snow indeed. Wish it would make up its damn mind and either start snowing like a bastard or stay freezing cold  :roll
I'd rather have the snow  :!

:z3

Allan Liddle

« Reply #24 on: 19/12/2010 at 11:18 »
Plenty of the white stuff here in sunny Morayshire.  Sick of it already.

But, if last season is an indication of how good a season can br following a hard winter, then bring it on :grin

Allan

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com