Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Whats the weather doing near you?
« on: 16/12/2010 at 14:13 »
Trying to find out what the weather is doing in Banchory just now, but I thought it might be useful for everyone to let others know whats happening on the roads.

I am in town and parts of Union Street look wet but are infact bottle smooth and slippy. Some of the side roads are causing an issue with some drivers spinning up and polishing the road surface.

Jim Eddie

Re: Whats the weather doing near you?
« Reply #1 on: 16/12/2010 at 16:12 »
Aberdeen to Peterhead not the best , snow drifting off the feilds in places , OK at the moment but I can see it getting bad as the night go's on.

:z18

Jim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 16/12/2010 at 16:43 »
Inverurie is getting "interesting", especially on the side roads, with plenty of that fine ball bearing type snow on top of ice ........ :z6

Quite windy as well.

Cheers
Mike

Barry Robertson

« Reply #3 on: 16/12/2010 at 16:49 »
Due to the mad forecasts, i am now getting picked up at 4-15 am tomorrow morning for my check in at bond :shock
Lets hope it keeps snowing  :z4

Jim Eddie

« Reply #4 on: 16/12/2010 at 16:50 »
Our CHC flights were cancelled this afternoon Baz

Jim

Ben Dixon

« Reply #5 on: 16/12/2010 at 17:25 »
Grim in Bachory, side roads are poor but main road not too bad.  Once out of Banchory roads are white but there are being attempts made to clear them.  All passable but not great.  COuld be intersting tomorrow.

Ben

PDScott

« Reply #6 on: 16/12/2010 at 18:30 »
Someone switched the lights out in Peterhead around 2.30 and we had a total white-out for around 30 minutes. It took my wife around an hour to make the journey back from Fraserburgh (around 17 miles) Even then she had some idiots overtaking her!
Drive safely wherever you are
Peter

Hamish Young

« Reply #7 on: 16/12/2010 at 20:30 »
Only an inch or two of snow here sort of near Beauly, but it's a white out at the moment and it's only going to get worse I'm afraid  :roll

:z3

Mike Barrio

« Reply #8 on: 16/12/2010 at 20:34 »
Only an inch or two of snow here sort of near Beauly, but it's a white out at the moment and it's only going to get worse I'm afraid  :roll

Can you not close a gate or something up North Hamish? ....... and stop it coming down here :z4

Cheers
Mike

darren78

« Reply #9 on: 16/12/2010 at 20:46 »
All flights from Aberdeen to Scatsa were cancelled today check in tomorrow though, as for the streets in Aberdeen they are a joke my Mrs bus service was cancelled so i ventured out in the car to pick her up most roads in town are snow coverd sheet ice making driving very difficult even the 4x4's were struggling, (note to self if Mrs bus service cancelled again she is walking lol)

Hamish Young

« Reply #10 on: 16/12/2010 at 21:19 »
Can you not close a gate or something up North Hamish? ....... and stop it coming down here :z4

No matey..... you'll get it worse in Aberdeenshire than this bit of 'near to the sea' Inverness-shire (if in doubt, ask Ben how close we are to the sea  :z4) and it doesn't worry me one little bit that you'll get more snow than us :z7
Wait a mo.... she who must be obeyed is still working in Aberdeenshire and has to get back here safely.
I'll go speak to the weather gods immediately and organise a change in weather :wink

Matt Henderson

« Reply #11 on: 16/12/2010 at 21:48 »
Traffic was a bit slow in town.  It's all about avoiding anderson drive and then trying every back street going to get home. The big jams appeared to be going up anderson drive in either direction and also Cragie loanings and Queens road and Albyn. Still looks much better than the grey damp stuff we had earlier in the week.

Ben Dixon

« Reply #12 on: 16/12/2010 at 21:52 »
(if in doubt, ask Ben how close we are to the sea  :z4)

Bitch!! Now don't you be starting. Rachel is with me on this one  :z4

Jim Eddie

« Reply #13 on: 17/12/2010 at 09:32 »
Aberdeen - Peterhead road not to good this morning. I'm working from the Peterhead office, our courier who makes  the trip twice daily says its the worst he has seen the road in 16 years.

I had a night out in aberdeen toninght (Hotel room booked) I had planned to get the bus through but all the buses are now cancelled. Oh well it will save me having a hangover tomorrow  :z19

Jim

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #14 on: 17/12/2010 at 09:34 »
2 hours from Glassel to the centre of town this morning.....20 minutes to Peterculter, the rest of the time crawling and avoiding people spinning up on the smallest of inclines, and it seemed Minis were the main culprit! I guess the combination of a hairdressers car and low profile fat tyres does not work on snow..lol

I have to say the Subaru with all weather tyres is a joy in the snow :)

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com