Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

John Reid

On the Move
« on: 15/12/2010 at 23:01 »
Well guys thats me finally got my house sold and missives concluded.  :grin  I leave Aberdeenshire on 21 January for Lanarkshire!  :z6

The only way I can describe it is bittersweet as I have had a really good time but am also looking forward to moving home.  I will certainly be back up to fish in the coming season as well as exploring the Clyde.  :cool:

I would like to thank everyone on here for welcoming me and making fishing in Aberdeenshire an extremely enjoyable experience. For that reason alone I will be back.

I will miss being able to nip down to the Don on a summer night, out to Mike's in the afternoon and into Orvis to pick Ben's brains.

Thanks very much guys.  I will hopefully catch up with some of you before I go and if not on the water at some point through the season.

Mike Barrio

Re: On the Move
« Reply #1 on: 15/12/2010 at 23:49 »
Hi John
Good to hear that things are falling in to place for you :z16

Although you will now be South of the Tyrebagger, you are not going to be far away :z4

Enjoy exploring the Clyde :wink

Best wishes
Mike

PS: I expect to see lots of photos and patterns on here from the Clyde! :wink

Matt Henderson

« Reply #2 on: 16/12/2010 at 07:48 »
All the best John.  Shame you weren't around for longer.

Matt

Noel Kelly

« Reply #3 on: 16/12/2010 at 09:19 »
John who? :z4

Jim Eddie

« Reply #4 on: 16/12/2010 at 16:51 »
All the best John we will maybe see you up the road next year for a few outings.

:z18

Jim

Peter McCallum

« Reply #5 on: 16/12/2010 at 17:19 »
Well guys thats me finally got my house sold and missives concluded.  :grin  I leave Aberdeenshire on 21 January for Lanarkshire!  :z6

Furry boots in Lanarkshire John. If your near Stonehouse/strathaven then the Avon is well worth a cast. not a big river but a real wee gem.

Enjoy yourself

Peter

p.s. tie yourself some clyde style flies they are the dogs dangly bits!!!

Ben Dixon

« Reply #6 on: 16/12/2010 at 17:53 »
Good luck with everything John, if you're ever up for a fish on the Don and need somewhere to crash give me a shout.  I'd loose that paedo tash before you move down to Lanarkshire.

Cheers

Ben

PDScott

« Reply #7 on: 16/12/2010 at 18:25 »
All the best John, it was nice to have met you several times. Watch out for falling trees!
Peter

Kevin Muir

« Reply #8 on: 16/12/2010 at 22:15 »
Hi John

Great news about selling the house.

There are lots of places for great tubing within a reasonable drive in the central belt, (jammy bugger).

I will get in touch about the tying materials you were asking about.

All the best with the new job, let us know if you are planning a trip up north.

Have a great Christmas and New Year

Kevin.

John Reid

« Reply #9 on: 17/12/2010 at 17:38 »
Thanks very much for the comments guys.

I will definitely be back up fishing in the spring.  I'm afraid the dodgy moustache is gone Ben, likewise if you fancy a trip to the Clyde or Annan you are more than welcome to crash at mine.  That invite is extended to you all.

I think I will be moving to the Carluke area and working in Edinburgh.  The Mrs is away doing some second viewings tonight for the 3 I shortlisted last week. Should be some good fishing to be had down there.  I will keep you all updated.

I will give the Avon a go Peter, I note they are stocking it which may spoil it a bit.  I am going to the Clyde tying class in Glasgow in the new year.

I will be in touch soon kevin for materials and tips for tubing lochs.

Ben Dixon

« Reply #10 on: 17/12/2010 at 17:44 »
Cool,

If your thinking about hitting the Annan, give me a call first.  Can put you in a few places that won't disappoint.

Cheers

Ben

Peter McCallum

« Reply #11 on: 17/12/2010 at 22:47 »

I will give the Avon a go Peter, I note they are stocking it which may spoil it a bit.  I am going to the Clyde tying class in Glasgow in the new year.

They always did John buit they have their own wee hatcheryso it's gibving mother nature a wee hand really.

Barry Robertson

« Reply #12 on: 18/12/2010 at 20:42 »
Good luck with the new move John , nice to meet you  :z16
If you fancy a day on Menteith next year drop me a mail and we can sort a day out  :z18
Baz

Iain Goolager

« Reply #13 on: 18/12/2010 at 22:00 »
Ay, Johnny Boy  :z16

Glad to hear that things are moving along although we'll miss your daft smiling face along the banks of the Don.

Doubt I'll be fishing down your way next season but I'm sure you'll give me a shout when you're back up this way.

Looking  forward to some reports (and photo's) of your exploits down South.

It's hardly the other end of the planet but I for one have enjoyed your company and will miss it (in a manly,  normal way)

Glad to hear the Drama Teacher moostache has gone.

All the best

Iain

John Reid

« Reply #14 on: 18/12/2010 at 23:13 »
Baz; Likewise it was a pleasure meeting you.  It would be great to get a day on Menteith next year. 

Iain; I will definitely not be a stranger. Made far too many friends up here and far too many good places to fish!

I will have a camera next year for some good photos, just wish I could get the photos of the fly tying to work.

I will miss the crack especially when you and Noel are together as it is like a comedy double act. 

I think I will go for full mouser and beard the next time!  Hope i don't look like Frankie Boyle!

All the best guys.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com