Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

jpm75

fly tying dye's (wanted)
« on: 02/12/2010 at 21:41 »
Ive been tying for a year or so, and have been buying all sorts of materials in all colours. I feel like I need another challenge, and would like to experiment in dying some of my own materials. If anyone had any ,preferably Veniards, that they aren't using anymore, I would be interested in purchasing.
Thanks John.

Ben Dixon

Re: fly tying dye's (wanted)
« Reply #1 on: 02/12/2010 at 21:46 »
Drop me a PM with your number and I'll give you a buzz tomorrow, should be able to sort you something out.

Cheers

Ben

Iain Goolager

« Reply #2 on: 02/12/2010 at 23:13 »
John,
I'm positive I've a wee tub of Veniards Olive dye - had it a while and was planning to dye a grizzle cape but could never really be bothered.
I'll have a look tomorrow.

Iain 

jpm75

« Reply #3 on: 03/12/2010 at 07:05 »
Cheers Iain, much appreciated :grin

jpm75

« Reply #4 on: 03/12/2010 at 16:12 »
Guys thanks for the help with the dyes but i've spoke to my mate who ties for the local tackle shop, and he's agreed to share some of his knowledge with me and show me how to do the process from start to finish. He even said i can have a few samples to practice with.
Cheers :z18
John.

Iain Goolager

« Reply #5 on: 03/12/2010 at 21:12 »
Hi John,

I've found the Dye.

There are two shades of Olive in the Veniard range - Green Olive and Golden Olive - I have the Golden Olive which was recommended by Peter @ Niche as a nice tint to a grizzle hackle.

Pm me to organise getting it to you.

Iain

jpm75

« Reply #6 on: 09/12/2010 at 17:51 »
Hi Iain, dye arrived today. Much appreciated, and if you ever need any flies tied, dont hesitate to give me a shout.
Thanks again, John.

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #7 on: 03/01/2011 at 21:03 »
 Hi, Dylon Works very well, after degreasing , then use Vinegar as a Mordant, finish the cape off with hair conditioner, I have used veniards but Dylon is easier to get round here  :cool:  easgach 1

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com