Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Barry Robertson

Re: Anyone else Stuck?
« Reply #15 on: 01/12/2010 at 22:50 »
Know what you mean about the ploughs, if there's been more than one down my road then it's been gritting with bloody snow.  98.76mm Iain are they Irish / European mm or regular Scottish ones  :z4

Baz,

Is that your flybox under that pile of snowballs?  Looks shit out there mate!!

Ben

Is not too bad here Ben, plenty peace and quiet and the fly box is bulging!
Your true it does look shit there, the office looks better and it has a heater  :wink

Iain Goolager

« Reply #16 on: 02/12/2010 at 12:36 »
Kintore to Blackie crud again this morning!
Had another 98.76mm of Italian flakes again last night  :wink

BRRRRRRRR

Ben Dixon

« Reply #17 on: 02/12/2010 at 12:45 »
Kintore to Blackie crud again this morning!
Had another 98.76mm of Italian flakes again last night  :wink

BRRRRRRRR

Yes, B977 is a bit crap.  Had to go out to get fags, milk and an evening express to light the stove with earlier on.  Road up past the golf club looks like it could be fun in my truck.  Better not go out playing as was ordered to stay home today by work. 

Ben

Kevin Muir

« Reply #18 on: 02/12/2010 at 13:49 »
Yep, I am also stuck at home.

My car refuses to climb anything over a 1 in 10000000 slope if there is any sign of snow, the way it is reacting to the snow, it almost looks like it must be alergic to the stuff.

Almost cost me a new drivers door today,  I very nearly altered its appearance with my walking boot this morning after an hour trying to get up the hill to the village then on to Aberdeen. 

I was very tempted to give it a good kicking.

Need to get better tyres sorted or narrower rims and narrower profile tyres.

Kev.

Irvine Ross

« Reply #19 on: 02/12/2010 at 17:43 »
No not stuck, the joys of working from home :grin. Just fed up shovelling tonnes of the stuff every morning so we have room to park and turn two cars.  :z10

Herself made the journey to and from Aberdeen yesterday in her Golf with winter tyres no bother. Mind you she didn't have to go during the busy traffic period.

Be of good cheer, the snow is easing off today, but the cold looks like sticking with us for another week. :cry

Irvine

Mike Barrio

« Reply #20 on: 02/12/2010 at 18:46 »
Currently minus 12 in Inverurie according to my car and the roads are "tricky" :z6

Just went down to give Bri a lift, but the train is stuck at Dyce ..... frozen points or something near Inverurie?

Cheers
Mike

Ben Dixon

« Reply #21 on: 02/12/2010 at 19:06 »
Currently minus 12 in Inverurie

That would explain why I have ice on the inside of my double glazing here then  :z4

Not sure how cold it is here on the hill, will go check in a bit.

Ben

John Reid

« Reply #22 on: 02/12/2010 at 20:22 »
Just went from Oldmeldrum to Pitmedden and it showed -17. Cleared the drive when I got home and it was really nice weather to be working in.  There is something nice about a really dry cold night, kinda reminds me of Canada.

Winter tyres are the way forward!

Matt Henderson

« Reply #23 on: 02/12/2010 at 21:31 »
You're right John. It's ace when it's cold and dry like this. Much better than cool and damp. Looking forward to Canada at Christmas time.

Noel Kelly

« Reply #24 on: 02/12/2010 at 21:33 »
Been shovelling as well and agreed John its a nice night for a bit of manual labour. Few large mugs of mulled wine has helped as well :z4 :z18
Granted I am not travelling far on back roads but so far the allroad has been a trooper. 4 wheel drive and adjustable ride height has been proving excellent. Dont have winter tyres but no problems so far. Its gonna be sliiiiiiddddyyyy in the morning.

Noel Kelly

« Reply #25 on: 02/12/2010 at 22:58 »
Just checked outside. -17 :shock

Iain Goolager

« Reply #26 on: 02/12/2010 at 23:08 »
Looking forward to a skiddy trip to Altens tomorrow  :z6
AND one of the neighbours complained to the council and I have to knock down my igloo  :z10

Inuit would come to this .....................boom boom  :cry

Iain

Ben Dixon

« Reply #27 on: 02/12/2010 at 23:17 »
Same here Noel what temp does diesel go tits up at?

Ice on inside of letterbox in kitchen, front door handle frozen on inside, frost on walls in bathroom but all that is normal in my house in winter time.  What's not normal is the temperature in the main body of my cottage, had a new stove fitted in September, sat in shorts looking at the icicles outside my living room window.  Serious improvement over last year :grin

Looking forward to a skiddy trip to Altens tomorrow  :z6

Iain

At least the cream cakes in the passenger footwell will stay fresh, think of the positives Iain  :z4

Ben

Mike Barrio

« Reply #28 on: 03/12/2010 at 00:33 »
Pleased to hear you are warm Ben .... serious improvement on last winter! :z16

Cheers
Mike

Matt Henderson

« Reply #29 on: 03/12/2010 at 07:28 »
No snow fresh snow over night in town.  But it is brass monkeys, my nostrils froze when I was walking between the carpark and the office. 

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com