Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Tam Greenock

Clubs
« on: 03/02/2007 at 22:17 »
Hi Folks, my first post on the discussion forum.
l have recently moved up here from West Lothian to live in Lossie and have been a keen flyfisherman for over 35 years now starting when 8 years old.
Over the last few months some of the folk l work with have started going flyfishing together, usually on sundays.
Our numbers are growing and there are five or six regulars now, couple of questions l would like answered if possible.
Can we block book fishing sessions on boats or bank or is it first come first served and are there competitions that we can enter as a club in the Grampian region.
Thanks
Tam

Mike Barrio

Clubs
« Reply #1 on: 03/02/2007 at 22:32 »
Hi Tam

Welcome to the forum  :cool:

Yes, you can book three boats on Haddo and I'm sure this is possible at Pitfour and Glen Tanar as well.

I believe Brian at Delgatie works on a first come first served basis, but I'm sure he'll reply here and let you know if it is possible.

I don't currently run any club competitions at Haddo, but I do know that Artloch Fishery in Huntly does and I believe Loch Insch may do too.

You'll find contact details and some useful information about our local fisheries on my main website at http://www.fishingthefly.co.uk/index.html

I hope the above helps
Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Clubs
« Reply #2 on: 03/02/2007 at 22:42 »
Hi Tam
Welcome to the Forum.

We welcome indervidual and group bookings for boat and bank at Pitfour and I am sure most of the other fisheries would aswell, I know Mike at Haddo does take groups as well (think boat or float tube only sure mike will let you know).
The best thing to do is phone the fisheries you fancy going to and ask!

Check out the differant fisheries on the main fishingthefly.co.uk site for contact details.

We dont do anything regarding group competitions at Pitfour not sure about anywere else I have a feeling Artloch might but dont hold me to it!

Andrew

Clubs
« Reply #3 on: 03/02/2007 at 22:43 »
Oh well mike beat me his message went up while i typed mine

Rob Brownfield

Clubs
« Reply #4 on: 04/02/2007 at 11:42 »
It always amazes me that Mike and Andrew...even though they run trout fisheries, will always suggest others as well as there own...well done guys!! Nice to see some genuine advice rather than commercial based gains.

Kevin Moss

Clubs
« Reply #5 on: 04/02/2007 at 20:39 »
And the glen of rothes not far from Lossiemouth also has plenty of compys and a members club aswell.

Dont forget us Mike.

sightbob

Clubs
« Reply #6 on: 04/02/2007 at 21:07 »
tam
delgatie does not have a club but you're gang would be welcome at any fishery i'm sure.
p.s. where about in livingston did you stay as i too stayed there a while ago.
cheers
brian

Kevin Moss

Clubs
« Reply #7 on: 04/02/2007 at 21:29 »
very true,Brian.There is alot of fisheries who will give a warm welcome.

Tam Greenock

Clubs
« Reply #8 on: 06/02/2007 at 09:04 »
Thanks Folks, Five of the gang went to Loch Insch on Sunday, one of the guys, Jim, caught an 11 pounder so he was well chuffed  :grin:

l didnt make it as my beloved football team were getting humped by one of those teams fae glesga, l had to go, wouldnt have been able to live with myself if we had beaten them and l missed it.

Brian, lm actually from a wee place called Uphall, just outside Livi, my local fishery, a place l worked and fished everyday, was Bangour, l hope whoever is re-opening it does a good job.

Tam Greenock

Clubs
« Reply #9 on: 12/02/2007 at 08:33 »
Took a wee run on Sunday to find out where a few of the fisheries are, found Delgatie, Haddo and Lochter then stopped at Loch Insch on way home.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com