Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

Sports Villiage
« on: 28/11/2010 at 20:48 »
Anyone look into hiring the hall ? with the weather the way it is fishing looks out of the question for a while so an indoor casting day might be a shout.

:z18

Jim

John Reid

Re: Spots Villiage
« Reply #1 on: 28/11/2010 at 21:22 »
I went down and had a look at the place and it is huge.  The ceiling must be over 30'.

Think it would be best to get a more mature gent to book it as over 65's get a really good discount!    :roll

Ben Dixon

« Reply #2 on: 02/12/2010 at 20:39 »
Cool,

I'm up for this any time in the new year, time is very tight before then as have to work Sundays in the run up to Crapmas.

John, how long was the hall?  About 220+ feet would be ideal, who's the oldest regular poster?  Should set up a poll "who has a bus pass" and then nominate a booking agent from the list  :z4

Cheers

Ben

John Reid

« Reply #3 on: 02/12/2010 at 20:53 »
Ben

I am not a big Christmas fan either.  :cry

I think it will be 220' at least.

Santa is bound to have a bus pass.  The fat basshole could do something useful this year and book it for us!  :z4

Iain Cameron

« Reply #4 on: 03/12/2010 at 09:53 »
Folks

I'm a member of Aberdeen Sports Village, and also am the Chair of its User Steering Group (gives feedback and guidance on decisions and issues).

Happy to ask if we'd be allowed to hire one of the spaces.

The indoor footy pitch is vast - 3rd gen, fifa quality artifical grass.
There are also one vast sports hall with wooden flooring;
the other possibilty would be the running track - basically an indoor one hundred metre track, sort of fuzzy artificial turf, very short. ideal for testing your straightness.

which of the three surfaces is most suitable?

http://www.aberdeensportsvillage.com/facilities/

iain
which

Jim Eddie

« Reply #5 on: 03/12/2010 at 12:53 »
Iain

Thanks that would be could , what would the costs be for each venue ?

Jim

Iain Cameron

« Reply #6 on: 03/12/2010 at 13:44 »
all the costs and peak/off peak times listed at
http://www.aberdeensportsvillage.com/facilities/prices/

a third of the (length) of hte footy pitch is Indoor Pitch (Third)   £72 at peak times, per hour

i've asked a pal that works there if he can tell me the dimensions. given that some of you guys can aerialise 140ft of line, i'm guessing you need 250-300 feet to work in?

iain

Jim Eddie

« Reply #7 on: 03/12/2010 at 14:08 »
Cheers Iain

What days/ times are peak / off peak ?

Jim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #8 on: 03/12/2010 at 14:56 »
Great stuff guys ...... Thanks Iain! :z16

Which do you think would be best Ben?

Cheers
Mike

Ben Dixon

Re: Sports Villiage
« Reply #9 on: 03/12/2010 at 19:01 »
Looks pretty good, thanks for that Iain, much appreciated.

Depending upon the width of the running track, that could be O.K at 135m long.  A third of the indoor pitch is 60m x 32m which would also be O.K.

What would be really useful to know is the heights, track looks good if wide enough and is a bit cheaper than a pitch.  Looks as if we could get it to ourselves rather than have to cope with football games going on around us. 

Cheers

Ben

Jim Eddie

« Reply #10 on: 03/12/2010 at 19:28 »
Also I don't think we have any bus pass holders (steady now Iain) but we may have soem students in full time education ???

Jim

Ben Dixon

« Reply #11 on: 03/12/2010 at 23:22 »
I'll ask Captain Mannering tomorrow, see if he'll book it for us.  I'm sure we must have some over 60's here?  If not we need a student

Cheers

Ben

Mike Barrio

« Reply #12 on: 03/12/2010 at 23:36 »
I'm sure we must have some over 60's here?  If not we need a student

I like it  :z4  :z4  :z4

Seriously though, if there are 10 or more of us on the day I think that'll work out OK on a per head basis :z3

Mike Barrio

Re: Sports Village
« Reply #13 on: 31/01/2011 at 23:59 »
Folks

I'm a member of Aberdeen Sports Village, and also am the Chair of its User Steering Group (gives feedback and guidance on decisions and issues).

Happy to ask if we'd be allowed to hire one of the spaces.

The indoor footy pitch is vast - 3rd gen, fifa quality artifical grass.
There are also one vast sports hall with wooden flooring;
the other possibilty would be the running track - basically an indoor one hundred metre track, sort of fuzzy artificial turf, very short. ideal for testing your straightness.

which of the three surfaces is most suitable?

http://www.aberdeensportsvillage.com/facilities/

iain
which

Hi Iain

Thanks for your help with the "Outcasts Indoor Winter Gathering"
The Sports Village is an awesome venue for casting and I'm sure we'll be back :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com