Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Livingstone

E-bay fishing DVD
« on: 03/02/2007 at 20:51 »
Picked up a fly fishing DVD on E-bay titled 3 flies and the river Don.  Not a bad DVD but NOT the Aberdeenshire Don as I expected.  I focuses mainly on nymph fishing on small rivers and does have some useful tips.  It also shows the basics of set up and simple flies to tie.  

The presenter doesn't exactly hold your attention or have camera presence but it is watchable.  It is from a company at www.floatingbones.co.uk .  Any of you come across them?  They seem to do a few coarse fishing DVDs as well.  Tohught I share that and let you know that this is the Sheffield Don and not our local stream!

Cheers,

Hamish Young

E-bay fishing DVD
« Reply #1 on: 03/02/2007 at 21:42 »
Bad luck Mike - I had seen it previously advertised and didn't think to mention it on here - doh:!:
Undertsnad it's not a bad production though :?:

Mike Barrio

E-bay fishing DVD
« Reply #2 on: 03/02/2007 at 22:10 »
I got one too, twas only about £5.99 including postage so I wasn't expecting much and was aware that it wasn't our Aberdeenshire Don.

Found it a bit boring to begin with, but it grew on me quickly and I enjoyed it  :cool:

The fisher can certainly catch trout, his upstream methods are interesting to watch and I think I picked up a few things to try  :wink:

Best wishes
Mike

PS: I also picked up one of the fly fishing triple packs from Morrisons supermarket in Inverurie on Friday ......... still a few on the shelf if anybody missed out last time.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com