Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Rod over the side!
« on: 19/11/2010 at 12:31 »
Oops, one of my customers has lost their rod over the side and it is attached to a rather large looking rainbow :shock He is fishing a clear intermediate line and the reel is one of those hefty cartridge types, so the cork handle is not coming up and we can't see the line :z6

There are seven rods on the water, so I wonder if somebody will catch it today? Fingers crossed :z4

Cheers
Mike

Rob Brownfield

Re: Rod over the side!
« Reply #1 on: 19/11/2010 at 12:51 »
Lol... I know a nice man with an ROV ;)

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 19/11/2010 at 13:14 »
No luck so far ...... I hope the fly is barbless as per the rules and that the fish gets off :z6

I hope somebody catches the line and we get the rod back today, Fingers crossed :z3

Cheers
Mike

John Reid

« Reply #3 on: 19/11/2010 at 13:29 »
It will turn up at some point I'm sure.  Is that someone learned not to leave their rod in the water and sit it on the boat?  :shock

Is there a reward?????   :wink

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 19/11/2010 at 17:11 »
That's the fly rod on dry ground, Darren and Damien were just about to pack up as last folk on the loch when they caught the rod and the fish, a rainbow of approx 4 lb :cool:

Chris and Kevin had already headed back to Montrose by this time so I've sent Chris a text with the good news :cool:

All is well that ends well, apart from ..... you guessed it ..... the Pink Dancer was fully barbed :z10

Cheers
Mike

Barry Robertson

« Reply #5 on: 19/11/2010 at 17:59 »
Imagine how many fish they pulled that barbed hook out of  :shock

darren78

« Reply #6 on: 19/11/2010 at 18:22 »
Cheers for a good days fishing mike :z16

11 top quality fish caught between me and damian, and to top of the day a fishing rod still attached to a 4lb rainbow :z4 not all bad as once we pulled the rod from the water the fish attached still fought hard and took a while  to land and after pulling the fly out its mouth with the forseps it swam away still full of life, not bad considering that was nearly 3 hours stuck to a fly rod :z15

Darren

Hamish Young

« Reply #7 on: 21/11/2010 at 18:03 »
All is well that ends well, apart from ..... you guessed it ..... the Pink Dancer was fully barbed :z10

Hmmmmm. I guess folk have difficulty reading/understanding the rules then  :roll

Not quite the same but an 'etiquette' related story from one of my (few) sessions on the Ness this year..... calmly fishing my fly down through a pool and some bloody idiot regular fellow 'angler' thought he'd come waltzing into the pool thirty feet beneath me with a Rapala the size of my left thigh on the end of what looked like a shark rod and hold position :mad Funny, I changed to a three inch brass tube and fairly whizzed it by his head a few times. Focuses the mind - so I'm told :z7
There was an exchange of colourful metaphors and he fucked off left the water.... mainly as I was much bigger than him. I particularly enjoyed his comment about getting his mates down to beat me up as I was ruining his days 'fishing'.
They didn't appear to back him up. Shame really, I felt like I needed the exercise at the time.

I guess he hadn't read the rules and didn't understand them either. Funny that. I wonder if it's 'catching' :? :z4

H

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com