Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

jpm75

Re: Flies by jpm75
« Reply #15 on: 04/12/2010 at 18:00 »
Im going to have a go at a step by step, I can upload the photos ok, but how do you get the text in between each pic?

Iain Goolager

« Reply #16 on: 04/12/2010 at 18:23 »
John,
Write your bullet pointed text on a word document prior to submitting a 'post reply'.
Then copy and paste it into the dialogue box (of the 'post reply').
It's good to leave a few line spaces between sequences and between the text and its' relevant picture.
I also like to reduce the picture size (320 x 240) when posting a sequence that has two or three little mini steps - and post them in a line as opposed to one above the other - I think it looks quite cool.

Only by playing around with things will you find your chosen style. Remember you can always ammend things once you have posedt the SBS and looked at it 'live' yourself.

Give it a go - you tie nice flies so take it a step further.
Iain

Mike Barrio

« Reply #17 on: 04/12/2010 at 18:25 »
Hi John

Just like a normal forum post really. If you are using the "tinypic" upload, type your piece then press the return button a couple of times to create a space, use the tinypic upload menu and when you're ready to insert the photo just click on the position in the text to anchor your cursor and then click the "add to post" button which will insert the photo code for you where you placed the cursor. Once the code is there, press the return button a couple of times again and start writing your next piece. To do the second photo, you click on the upload button at the top of the tinypic box to refresh it and start the next photo.

It will look something like this when you are posting it:

Step 1: Put the vice in the hook.

(IMG)http://i55.tinypic.com/33w02eb.jpg(/img)

Step 2: Start winding on the white thread.

(IMG)http://i53.tinypic.com/6p11rs.jpg(/img)

Step3: Tie in the flat silver lurex about level with the hook point and take thread back up to the eye.

Hope this helps.
Mike

Iain Goolager

« Reply #18 on: 04/12/2010 at 18:38 »
Yeah, nice one Mike,
John,  I was assuming you are happy with using the 'tinypic' feature for adding photo's.

Iain

jpm75

« Reply #19 on: 17/12/2010 at 11:23 »
Hi folks, now that my car has fell foul to the lovely weather that we're experiencing, and the lamp post that jumped out in front of me at 6.30 this morning, and took a large bite out the bumper and front wing, I should have time to tie and upload plenty of flies. Watch this space.

jpm75

« Reply #20 on: 13/03/2011 at 09:26 »

jpm75

« Reply #21 on: 20/04/2011 at 07:20 »
Hi I've took a wee notion to try tying some classic salmon flies on blind eye hooks with silkworm gut. I know a few patterns but if anyone else has any that they would be willing to share or photos of any of the classics feel free to let me know. Cheers :z18
John.

Peter McCallum

« Reply #22 on: 20/04/2011 at 07:40 »
If you ignore the ugly pics theres a couple of mine here

http://www.sexyloops.com/flyshed/main.php?g2_itemId=108

They're both 'ranger' style.... not married wings but fully dressed nonetheless.

jpm75

« Reply #23 on: 20/04/2011 at 10:16 »
Yeah the flies look good, well impressed. As I have said, only new to the classics so mine probably won't look like that yet. Could I also ask you what type of vice are you using? I've seen that vice a few times and I'm curious as to what make it is.  :z18
John.

Peter McCallum

« Reply #24 on: 20/04/2011 at 13:15 »
Could I also ask you what type of vice are you using? I've seen that vice a few times and I'm curious as to what make it is.  :z18
John.

It's a LAW vice by Lawrence Waldron. Unfortunately he has stoppede making them. You'll see them in the mags as a lot of guys who demonstrate use them.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com