Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Iain Goolager

Re: Outcasts 'highland fling' 2011.... read on!
« Reply #60 on: 18/07/2011 at 12:55 »
Hi Hamish,

Count me in, I have me own tent and will be taking me car just incase something crops up at home.

Iain

Hamish Young

« Reply #61 on: 18/07/2011 at 23:03 »
Good stuff Iain  :z16
I think that's us  :wink

Mike B
Ben D
Sandy (& Daniel)
Kevin Muir
Peter
Irvine
Iain
Noel
Stuart
John

H  :z3

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #62 on: 22/07/2011 at 08:20 »
Sorry guys

but we wont make this now either :cry, just managed to get a house back in ellon, so we are moving in that week, then i'm off back to the jungle for a few weeks and then back for good, so will definatley be up for this next time.
gutted to miss out , but making sure the family are settled with everything they need , comes first.

Hope you all have a lot of fun :z18

sandy

Hamish Young

« Reply #63 on: 25/07/2011 at 11:11 »
Pisser :z10 Fair play though chap, family 1st and that's a long distance move :shock
I'm not long back from my first visit to the CLA game fair, so will get back to this later. We stick with who we got and it'll be tickity-boo :z15

Mike B
Ben D
Kevin Muir
Irvine
Iain
Noel
John
.... oh, and me  :cool:

Will fire out directions to our pad (soonish) to all who have said they're coming :z16

H  :z3

Hamish Young

« Reply #64 on: 31/07/2011 at 16:38 »
I have sent a PM to all who have said they're coming, please read it and get back to me say you've read it :!
If there's any queries, get in touch :z17 :!

Cheers,

:z3

Peter McCallum

« Reply #65 on: 05/08/2011 at 17:31 »
Have a great weekend guys, hacked off I'm missing this.   :cry :z19

Jim Eddie

« Reply #66 on: 05/08/2011 at 17:46 »
Have a great weekend guys, hacked off I'm missing this.   :cry :z19

Aye I echo Peters sentiments, cheesed off I'm stuck at work  :mad

:z18

Jim

Hamish Young

« Reply #67 on: 05/08/2011 at 17:58 »
Well, the man-sized tent was put up yesterday evening and survived the rain and wind.... which has all eased off.
If I could have then today would have been a great day for fishing, warm, overcast and 'fishy' :cool: Fingers crossed it will be the same for the next few days.......
Handily, I can hear the Belladrum 'Tartan Heart' getting going from the decking outside the house. Sure I heard Deacon Blue getting warmed up earlier, so all good - free (albeit long distance) entertainment for this evening. If not, I'm sure I have some aka SKA stuff kicking around which will do the job nicely :cool:

Food prep just about completed for tonights BBQ, just hope everyone turns up before I'm tempted to eat it all  :z7

Shame not everyone originally on the list could make it, but if this one goes well (and I hope it does :!) I'm sure there'll be another.

:z3

Peter McCallum

« Reply #68 on: 05/08/2011 at 19:12 »

Shame not everyone originally on the list could make it, but if this one goes well (and I hope it does :!) I'm sure there'll be another.

Yippee :grin :grin :grin :z12 :z14 :z3

Iain Cameron

« Reply #69 on: 05/08/2011 at 19:20 »
sure I have some aka SKA stuff kicking around which will do the job nicely :cool:

nice - have a blast hope the fishing doesn't get in the way of the BBQ & the boozing. or is that the other way around...

oh, and aka-SKA will be back at this year's Wizard festival on 26/27 august (http://www.wizardfestival.com/) though we don't know yet which day or stage.

tight lines/cheers
iain

Mike Barrio

« Reply #70 on: 07/08/2011 at 18:35 »
Thanks for a grand weekend Mr & Mrs "H" :z16

That has to rank as one of the bonniest lochs that I have fished ..... the fishing was hard, the midgies were evil, but the scenery was absolutely stunning! :cool:

Irvine and I shared a spooky boat, which actually 'drifted' backwards against the wind when you had the drogue out ....... a strange experience :z4

Thanks again!
Best wishes
Mike

John Reid

« Reply #71 on: 07/08/2011 at 22:27 »
I echo Mike's sentiments.

A huge thanks to Hamish and Rachel for being wonderful hosts.  Hamish could well be the next Gordon Ramsay!  :z14

I had a great day tubing on a lovely loch, even caught fish! I must say that the midgies are the worst I have ever experienced when trying to pack up back at the car.  I have been well and truly chomped and am sitting here scratching my hands and arms as I type.

Had a great weekend with great company.  Thank you very much folks.  :z16

I have also spied some lovely lochs on the way down the A82 today which has given me some ideas for the near future.  :z17

Irvine Ross

« Reply #72 on: 08/08/2011 at 09:23 »
Yes indeed many thanks to Hamish and Rachel for being great hosts and making us all welcome.

I finally managed to fish a loch that that has been high on my wish list for a long time and had a super day in the boat with Mr B.

Good company and a great weekend :z16

Irvine

Offthebard

« Reply #73 on: 08/08/2011 at 17:50 »
Sounds like a great weekend!

Nice food, Great company, and excellent fishing.

Heres Mr Jealous who couldn't attend  :z7.

Hope to catch up with some of you at a future bash :cool:.

The Bard.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #74 on: 08/08/2011 at 18:04 »
Aye sounds like a right good time, hope I can make it if its on again next year.

:z18

Jim

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com