Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Bamboo/Split Cane
« on: 10/11/2010 at 17:49 »
Hi folks :cool:

What's happening on the Bamboo/Split Cane scene? ...... Have you seen any new products out there, or any interesting news? It seems to have been quiet for a while :z6

Cheers
Mike

Rob Brownfield

Re: Bamboo/Split Cane
« Reply #1 on: 11/11/2010 at 09:04 »
I have just built an 11 foot "Trotter special" for a chap down south to use for Mullet fishing...blank from Norman Agutters.

But none of the exciting stuff some of the chaps have been doing..would be good to get an update on the guys spliting there own cane.!

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 12/11/2010 at 16:11 »
Yes, the bamboo scene seems to have gone quiet, or is it just my imagination? A victim of this recession that the media keep telling us about maybe?

Cheers
Mike

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 12/11/2010 at 17:45 »
Yes, the bamboo scene seems to have gone quiet, or is it just my imagination? A victim of this recession that the media keep telling us about maybe?

Yes, I expect all those poor souls who pour tonnes of energy into making split-cane rods are now doing a roaring trade in garden canes as the recession bites  :z4
Come to think of it, that's where cane/bamboo belongs..... in the garden  :z7

I'll get my coat  :wink

H (.... exits stage left....)  :z3

Ben Dixon

« Reply #4 on: 12/11/2010 at 19:04 »
Yes, I expect all those poor souls who pour tonnes of energy into making split-cane rods are now doing a roaring trade in garden canes as the recession bites  :z4
Come to think of it, that's where cane/bamboo belongs..... in the garden  :z7

I'll get my coat  :wink

H (.... exits stage left....)  :z3

I agree, get it on the list of banned imports.  Belongs in China, harvesting should be stopped to save the pandas  :z4

Ben

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com