Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Barry Robertson

Re: Grayling Fishing this Weekend
« Reply #25 on: 09/12/2010 at 18:44 »
First 2 photos were taken while fishing the Dean, the only bit of water that we saw fish on  :wink

Jim Eddie

« Reply #26 on: 09/12/2010 at 18:47 »
Well done for braving the elements young Bazil  :z16

:z18

Jim

Jim Doyle

« Reply #27 on: 10/12/2010 at 12:01 »
Wandering around on pools that have produced fish in the past but to no avail. I think the grayling population of the Isla has been so decimated that it would take a serious effort on my be half just to find any.  this is a shame as its a nice river. There used to be pockets of fish all along the stretch from meigle to balbrogie but they just dont seem to be there any more.  we did however see a cormarant and some goosander who were looking for food so there must be fish in the river.  might well give it another go soon when walking a few miles is not such a treck.  jim

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #28 on: 10/12/2010 at 13:38 »
Great photos Baz, Thank you. :z18

I've fished there many times, it brought a tear to my eye :z19
I had a Salmon about 7lb on a grayling bug and a 3wt from that meetings pool, a few years back, still brings back fantastic memories :z18
One of the many things i miss   this time of year especially when the closest i will get to a lady of the stream for the next couple of years, is this :roll

Still it is very nice :wink

Sandy

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com