Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Barry Robertson

Re: Grayling Fishing this Weekend
« Reply #15 on: 17/11/2010 at 18:31 »
Hope you have a great day today guys.  Wish I was there.

Hopefully Jim or Baz can do their roving reporter bit.

Not much to report John, very cold,very windy and not to much action!
Most of the lads got a fish but apart from that it was just fine to get out on a boat and wet a line, sherrup was a nice place to fish and i am sure on a warmer day would of been a great day out!
Nice day out never the less in good company  :z18

Jim Eddie

« Reply #16 on: 17/11/2010 at 20:26 »
Aye what Baz said

Glensherrup would be great from the tube in the warmer weather , the fishery manager was very helpful , gace us tea and bacon rolls on arrival, also offered us a free days fishing as we had had a hard day  :z16
I'd need to check if tubing is allowed though.

:z18

Jim

Iain Goolager

« Reply #17 on: 17/11/2010 at 20:51 »
Weather was a bit of a bounder today lads  :z6 
You'd give your left orb to be strolling the banks of the river on a warm afternoon.

Iain

Ben Dixon

« Reply #18 on: 17/11/2010 at 22:55 »
Thanks Jim.

I was going to add on my last post that we could do with a few Ladies of the Stream on the three Northeast 'D' systems along with a certain Morayshire exiting 'S' but i'd be hung for it :grin :z4 :grin

In fact if anyone had the notion then go ahead, i'd get the blame anyway :z4 :z4 :z4

Ah well looks like it's a jaunt down to the lowlands for the best of Scotland's Grayling, Teviot opened 1st Nov (I believe) and Clyde still a good bet.

Hi Allan,

Good to see you here.  For the sake of convenience I'd like to see grayling in a certain local river but, there is something nice about knowing that it is a trout you have hooked when fishing blind up here.  If you are heading down to the borders for some grayling fishing and will have a few days at your disposal, I could recommend a few places I used to fish when I lived down that way.

Cheers

Ben

John Reid

« Reply #19 on: 18/11/2010 at 00:04 »
Not much to report John, very cold,very windy and not to much action!
Most of the lads got a fish but apart from that it was just fine to get out on a boat and wet a line, sherrup was a nice place to fish and i am sure on a warmer day would of been a great day out!
Nice day out never the less in good company  :z18

Glad you had a good day out.  It was a pretty wild day.

I think we are all looking forward to the spring!

Ben Dixon

« Reply #20 on: 18/11/2010 at 00:30 »
You' have to be utterly mad to have been out today!!

Ben

Barry Robertson

« Reply #21 on: 09/12/2010 at 15:35 »
Managed out today with Mr Doyle for some winter action  :grin
Not much fish to be had but fine to be out never the less, fished the Dean,Isla then the Ericht.
Water looked good but hard work walking through all the snow, will try the Earn next week weather permiting  :wink

Tightlines
Baz

Mike Barrio

« Reply #22 on: 09/12/2010 at 15:44 »

Nice photo Baz :z16

Barry Robertson

« Reply #23 on: 09/12/2010 at 16:37 »
Cheers Mike, wasnt the best light today for photos  :z6

Iain Goolager

« Reply #24 on: 09/12/2010 at 18:28 »
Nice fly Baz BUT that stretch of water in the first photo is a pure tonic at the moment - just looks so fishy!

Nice one

Iain

Barry Robertson

« Reply #25 on: 09/12/2010 at 18:44 »
First 2 photos were taken while fishing the Dean, the only bit of water that we saw fish on  :wink

Jim Eddie

« Reply #26 on: 09/12/2010 at 18:47 »
Well done for braving the elements young Bazil  :z16

Jim

Jim Doyle

« Reply #27 on: 10/12/2010 at 12:01 »
Wandering around on pools that have produced fish in the past but to no avail. I think the grayling population of the Isla has been so decimated that it would take a serious effort on my be half just to find any.  this is a shame as its a nice river. There used to be pockets of fish all along the stretch from meigle to balbrogie but they just dont seem to be there any more.  we did however see a cormarant and some goosander who were looking for food so there must be fish in the river.  might well give it another go soon when walking a few miles is not such a treck.  jim

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #28 on: 10/12/2010 at 13:38 »
Great photos Baz, Thank you. :z18

I've fished there many times, it brought a tear to my eye :z19
I had a Salmon about 7lb on a grayling bug and a 3wt from that meetings pool, a few years back, still brings back fantastic memories :z18
One of the many things i miss   this time of year especially when the closest i will get to a lady of the stream for the next couple of years, is this :roll

Still it is very nice :wink

Sandy

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com