Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

John Reid

Grayling Fishing this Weekend
« on: 08/11/2010 at 21:16 »
Good evening folks.

At the casting day on Sunday a few of us were discussing having a day out for the 'ladies of the stream' this Saturday.

I tried to get onto Kinkell but the season doesn't start on the Earn till the 15th.  I have made enquires and we can get onto the Isla / Dean (thanks Michael).  Weather permitting we will be heading down.

So far there is;

Noel - An Chuileog
Jim - Jedi
Me - JohnR

I still have space for one more body in the car if anyone needs a lift.  I will be heading from Pitmedden to Kintore then onwards to Forfar to get tickets. 

If anyone else fancies it let me know. There is no restrictions on numbers but if more than 4 then others will have to drive.

Hopefully the rain will ease off and the river will drop so we can show the ladies some nice pink bugs.  :z2

Barry Robertson

Re: Grayling Fishing this Weekend
« Reply #1 on: 08/11/2010 at 21:18 »
Unfortunately i cant make saturday but will be on the earn on the Wed the 17th if anyone fancies it  :wink

John Reid

« Reply #2 on: 08/11/2010 at 21:24 »
Sounds good Baz.  I will see if I can get the day off  :z16

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 09/11/2010 at 06:42 »
I might be up for that if I can wangle a day off

:z18

Jim

Stuart Smith

« Reply #4 on: 12/11/2010 at 21:48 »
did you head for grayling on the dean?

had a look at it today and its very high

stuart

John Reid

« Reply #5 on: 12/11/2010 at 22:51 »
did you head for grayling on the dean?

had a look at it today and its very high

stuart

Phoned Neal today and he said that the water was like chocolate milk.  Heading to Waulkmill instead.

Iain Goolager

« Reply #6 on: 13/11/2010 at 00:07 »
Hi John,
also spoke to Neil today (as I'm down that way for a day or two) and planned to drop in on you guys.

Off to Ledyatt instead to see if the southern softie fish can cope with the 2wt. :wink

Looks like I've forgot the camera so no pictures I'm afraid

Good luck at Waulkmill tomorrow. :z16

Iain

John Reid

« Reply #7 on: 13/11/2010 at 08:54 »
The best laid plans and aw' that........

The southern fish won't know what's hit them mate.   :grin

Likewise I hope you have a great day.  :z2

Stuart Smith

« Reply #8 on: 13/11/2010 at 10:12 »
ye its unfishable today.went for a look.the deans a nice little river.i was down a few weeks ago for the grayling.hooked one had a few very nice trout and hooked a big silver thing about 4lb.went daft on the 2weight

as soon as it gets to a fishable level i will be out again

stuart

Jim Eddie

« Reply #9 on: 13/11/2010 at 18:21 »
John and I had a good day at Waulkmill , hard going in the morning , but they started feeding after lunch , john nailed them on dries while I stuck to the more traditional  Flexi-Cat  :z4 :z4

I thought Ledyatt shut for the winter.

Jim

Allan Liddle

« Reply #10 on: 14/11/2010 at 17:17 »
Hi Guys
Been a long time since last on.

Why not try the Tummel at Pitlochry?  Grayling numbers have increased there for some time now and a good mix of water on hand.
Due to the powerstation the river level can also be at a good fishing level if they need to hold water back for generating.  However watch the water level at it can rise if they decide to start making electricity :shock

Hope this is of help.

Allan

Barry Robertson

« Reply #11 on: 14/11/2010 at 17:52 »
Its not looking much better for wednesday Jim, i have a battery charged and motor ready for Glensherrup! Apparently its fishing well so at least we have some where else to go!

Jim Eddie

« Reply #12 on: 14/11/2010 at 20:14 »
Thanks Allan

Welcome back  :z16 aye might give the Tummel a go , trouble is its a bit of a hike from Peterhead.

Jim

Allan Liddle

« Reply #13 on: 15/11/2010 at 11:23 »
Thanks Jim.

I was going to add on my last post that we could do with a few Ladies of the Stream on the three Northeast 'D' systems along with a certain Morayshire exiting 'S' but i'd be hung for it :grin :z4 :grin

In fact if anyone had the notion then go ahead, i'd get the blame anyway :z4 :z4 :z4

Ah well looks like it's a jaunt down to the lowlands for the best of Scotland's Grayling, Teviot opened 1st Nov (I believe) and Clyde still a good bet.

John Reid

« Reply #14 on: 17/11/2010 at 08:27 »
Hope you have a great day today guys.  Wish I was there.

Hopefully Jim or Baz can do their roving reporter bit.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com