Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Noel Kelly

Internet is broken.
« on: 29/10/2010 at 21:58 »
Landline Internet is down tonight for a lot of areas including Kintore.

Barry Robertson

Re: Internet is broken.
« Reply #1 on: 29/10/2010 at 22:00 »
Just off the phone to the missus and she says montrose internet is also down!
Now i have to find Take that tickets for her  :mad

Noel Kelly

« Reply #2 on: 29/10/2010 at 22:06 »
Tell the truth baz she just wanted to take you as a treat, right?

Barry Robertson

« Reply #3 on: 29/10/2010 at 22:08 »
Just before i clicked on the thread i realised i should of clearly stated the tickets were purely for her and her friends!
If it doesnt involve glow sticks i wont be going  :z4

Peter McCallum

« Reply #4 on: 30/10/2010 at 07:49 »
Glow Sticks..........Now theres an idea for a night fly Baz :grin :grin :cool: :z4

John Reid

« Reply #5 on: 01/11/2010 at 11:43 »
My Internet and phone are still down.  Getting a wee sneaky look at the forum at work while being on hold to BT.

Anyone else still off?

Noel Kelly

« Reply #6 on: 01/11/2010 at 17:23 »
Hi john was back saturday morning for me and a few others I know.

John Reid

« Reply #7 on: 01/11/2010 at 17:50 »
I have sorted it.  I had switched everything off at the wall but had not taken the cable from the phoneline to the modem out and this was causing some sort of problem.  Thankfully I cancelled the engineer as I would have been £127 lighter if it was a hardware fault.

TBH it was a nice change to have no internet and I couldn't even face TV yesterday with the hangover I had.  Jack D is a bad man!

Iain Goolager

« Reply #8 on: 02/11/2010 at 18:03 »
You couldn't write it!

Internet now up and running after 4 days  - had to get AOL to reconfigure the modem which sounds easy..............not when you are connected to the TV as you are waiting for the Dell engineer to replace your broken laptop screen - then you need to find your ethernet cable once you've been queing for 10 min's , then you have to take router downstairs and then connect the house phone to another room so you can connect the router and speak to AOL personage, then can't remember your master account e-mail address then struggle to find a pin to push the reset button.......doo doo deedle dee dee dum dum dum dum (to be hummed to the tune heard at Billy Smarts Circus)

50 min's to organise a Dell replacement laptop screen today...................ridiculus!!! :mad

Iain Goolager

« Reply #9 on: 02/11/2010 at 19:32 »
 :oops
Had to phone AOL back as the router wasn't  configured for wireless  :oops once the ethernet cable was removed I was back to being intenetless

:z6 

Ben Dixon

« Reply #10 on: 02/11/2010 at 21:48 »
Mine was no bother, was back on just after midnight although I did have to re configure the modem.  Loose AOL Iain, it's gash as was BT.  Don't Guideline do internet services? :z7
Had no problems with Tiscali or whatever it is called now.  I need to get some new technology, I had to think about how Noel & John were posting on the internet that the internet was broken  :z4

Ben

Matt Henderson

« Reply #11 on: 02/11/2010 at 21:59 »
I am on the forum a fair bit on the old crackberry, it works very well apart from not being able to see pictures I'm not sure why?  I think Noel and John are on the old iphone. Not sure if they can see pictures or not.

Barry Robertson

« Reply #12 on: 02/11/2010 at 22:06 »
I get good photos and a decent speed through my Nokia N97 mini  :z18

Iain Goolager

« Reply #13 on: 02/11/2010 at 22:07 »
Waps are ok but not for the elderly or fading sighted so I'll stick to my laptop and look at the pictures.
Internet on the move - oh the younger generation, it's all ahead of you

Noel Kelly

« Reply #14 on: 02/11/2010 at 22:17 »
Yup I phone is the biz, pics video and internet anywhere I can get phone signal. Have sat by the don waiting for a hatch and been posting on the forum. Have looked up fly identification on the water as well. £35/Mth contract unlimited phone text and internet. 
Day we were on Leven John was using the GPS on his to locate where exactly we were on the Loch :z3
It has a few annoying features but all in all its damn good.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com