Baz

Having just recieved the flies you sent me I don't think you will
have any problems selling your flies, you might have a problem keeping
up with demand once word get out. :z16

Alex

Noel Kelly

Re: Buying flies
« Reply #16 on: 24/11/2010 at 07:00 »
I also have recieved some excellent flies, thanks baz :z16 A further order will be heading your way as soon as I get a minute to think about it   :z6

Iain Goolager

Re: Buying flies
« Reply #17 on: 25/11/2010 at 22:00 »
Well done Baz.

I'm not much of a tyer - half a dozen here a couple there, mostly I'll tie up the evening before a trip which enhances the anticipation. I guess I've a good few grands worth of materials so does it make sense to make rather than buy?  for me, Absolutely- building rods, furled leaders, lines (Mike), for example bring new dimensions to the 'sport' but for me the biggest thrill is having the fish endorse your evenings labours at the vise.

I very very seldom buy flies - perhaps a tying I like as a template or if I'm stuck somewhere but I've used the 19p cheap and cheerfulls and they are exactly that, pitifull.

Flies buy the dozen was my usual haunt as a youngster and I still have boxes of their flies which were excellent value.

Fulling Mill stuff looks very good - like their new range of river stuff.

£1.00 sub surface - £1.25 on the top for Trout flies  :roll - bespoke service  :z8 hard to say

Iain

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com