Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Haddo Trout Fishery ( to January 30th )
« on: 30/01/2007 at 00:32 »
Jack Frost hampered conditions at Haddo during the week when bright blobs and bloodworm proved productive, but the ice cleared for the weekend and damsels, diawl bachs, spiders, buzzers and tadpoles were added to the menu.

The fish were not easy to catch in high numbers, Kevin Neri tempted 17 to 3 lb and 11 to 7 lb on a second visit, John Brown caught 13 to 3 lb and Jim Eddie netted 10, including a 10 lb rainbow and a 6 lb blue.

Most anglers failed to reach the magic "10 fish" mark this week, but they did catch some nice trout. Phil Podlesny released a rainbow of approx 12 lb, Dave Olley 9½ lb, Bill Bain 9 lb, Scott Sim 10 lb, Kipps Kerr 12 lb and Hugh Baxter lost a lengthy battle with a much larger fish that quite simply had no intention whatsoever of coming anywhere near his net.

(below) Dave Olley took his new float tube on a maiden voyage in the ice  :cool:

(below) Paul "spiros" releasing one of nine fish he caught on Sunday  :cool:

(below) Kevin Neri and John Brown playing fish  :cool:

(below) John "jbb" was soon netting another  :cool:

(below) Kev also did well earlier in the week  :cool:

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Mike Barrio

Haddo Trout Fishery ( to January 30th )
« Reply #1 on: 01/02/2007 at 23:06 »
Looks like another busy weekend I'm afraid folks ........ All the boats are booked, but I have some available again on Monday.

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Mike Barrio

Last minute cancellation
« Reply #2 on: 03/02/2007 at 22:16 »
I've just had a last minute cancellation for a boat for tomorrow, Sunday  :z6

Looking on the bright side ....... this does mean that I have one available for tomorrow if anybody wants a boat  :wink:

Best wishes
Mike Barrio
mobile 07810 868897

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com