Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

spiros

Learning to tie
« on: 16/09/2006 at 19:30 »
HI all am interested in tying or trying to tie my own flies and was wondering what kind of gear to  buy to get started and if the kits by Veniard are worth getting or is it best to just buy all the things i need seperate.
 :?:
Paul

Peter McCallum

Learning to tie
« Reply #1 on: 16/09/2006 at 21:58 »
go along to mthe aberdeen flydressers. They meet on Thursdays starting soon. Someone will let you have a go, show you the basics and probably advise on what to buy.

Peter :grin:

Sandy Nelson

Learning to tie
« Reply #2 on: 17/09/2006 at 16:52 »
Good advice. :grin:

You will find that a kit to start with is a better idea than buying stuff seperate, it'll be significantly cheaper.The vienards kits are about as good as it gets.

Sandy

Learning to tie
« Reply #3 on: 29/11/2006 at 18:26 »
i bought the advance meniard kit when i left home for the sea and could no longer share dad's. it excellent all the tools are quality and the materials are too, great buy.

Colin.

Brian Brand

Learning to tie
« Reply #4 on: 29/11/2006 at 19:25 »
Inverurie Angling Association are holding a Fly Tying night at the Hopeville Social Club on Sunday 10th Dec, 7:30pm.
I am a complete novice at Fly Tying but was able to make a few that actually looked not too bad at the last one.
Bri.

Sandy Nelson

Learning to tie
« Reply #5 on: 29/11/2006 at 21:18 »
Should be good

I'm working as seems to have been the case for all the meeetings this year :cry:
But i would have loved to have gone.

Sandy

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com