Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Noel Kelly

Wading boots.
« on: 14/10/2010 at 20:33 »
After another skinned heel I have come to the conclusion that I need new boots. Bought a pair of Bison boots a few months ago one size up as recommended but they are two tight. Got by with them all summer but having recently had some repairs done to my waders they are now killing me.
Hope the guy I am fishing with tomorrow is prepared to carry me to and from the river :z4 You know who you are, I suggest an early night :z4

Anyhoo my questions are....

When buying boots do you normally go up one size or two?
Anyone got a pair of size 12,s I can borrow for the morning? You will have to deliver to Kintore as I am well down the thursday bottle of red..
Seriously if anyone has a pair of big size 11,s or size 12,s they don't want or find are 2 big maybe we can do a swop or something.
Cheers
Noel.

Sandy Nelson

Re: Wading boots.
« Reply #1 on: 15/10/2010 at 02:20 »
Hi Noel

I've a nice big pair of wychwoods sitting here doing nothing :cry
I seem to have brought them with me :roll whilst remembering to leave the waders
at mum and dads :oops
might be tricky dropping them in past kintore though :z6

about as much help as a chocolate teapot  :z4 :z4

sandy

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 15/10/2010 at 15:38 »
Noel

I can give you a pair of size 12's if you like. I'll be at Haddo Sunday

:z18

Jim

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 16/10/2010 at 17:57 »
One thing I have been caught out with is American sizing , an american 12 is a UK 11. I phoned up GAC asking for a size 12 pair of Korkers, 12 being a size larger than I usually take. When they arrived they were a US 12 and to small.

By the way US size 13 Korkers (UK 12 ) are fine.

:z18

Jim

Noel Kelly

« Reply #4 on: 16/10/2010 at 18:49 »
Thanks Jim but I got a loan pair off Ben which are very comfy size 12 and he may be able to source a pair I can buy. I will try that first as I really like them.
I very much doubt I will be at Haddo tomorrow, my fishing pass for this week has been fairly hammered.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com