Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Paul Garrigan

Jungle cock cape halfers???
« on: 09/10/2010 at 14:53 »
I was in Somers today picking up some fly tying gear. (eumer tube fly holder is my new gadget)

I was looking at the jungle cock capes but they are £60 and i dont think i could justify that or sell the idea to miss paulfish_1  :z8

Would any of you guys be interested in splitting a cape? Is this even possible to cut it down the middle? Or is there anywhere that sell good quality half capes?

Also....Where is the best place to buy JC? Im not 100% sure what i should be looking for?

Cheers
Paul :z16

Peter McCallum

Re: Jungle cock cape halfers???
« Reply #1 on: 09/10/2010 at 16:26 »
Try Neil Anderson in Forfar/online he often has really good quality JC

Barry Robertson

« Reply #2 on: 09/10/2010 at 19:00 »
If you search Artifly on google then give him a call i get all my jungle cock from him and he dyes it an all sorts of colours, chartreuse, coral,red,fire orange you name it he will do it! If its for trout flies i reckon you will get a cape off of him for around £25  :z18

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 09/10/2010 at 19:39 »
Doesn't Neil in Forfar stock Artifly products? :z17 ...... Neil has a reputation for offering a first class service :wink

Cheers
Mike

Paul Garrigan

« Reply #4 on: 09/10/2010 at 19:45 »
Cheers lads. I will give Neil a ring. I have bought from him before. Top guy. There is a guy selling one on fly forums for £30............http://www.flyforums.co.uk/fly-fishing-tackle-classifieds-member-sales/104244-jc-sale.html#post813093
was thinking about just taking it but i think i will wait and phone Neil or Artifly.

Barry Robertson

« Reply #5 on: 09/10/2010 at 20:36 »
I know for a fact neil has lots of £20 - £30 capes sitting in the shop just now and a few expensive ones!
Hold off if i was you and give neil a call on monday  :z18

Paul Garrigan

« Reply #6 on: 09/10/2010 at 20:39 »
Yeah i will hold off for a couple of days. Cheers :z18

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com