Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

sightbob

want to own your own fishery?
« on: 26/01/2007 at 10:24 »
Hi all,
As some of you may know Delgatie castle trout fishery is up for sale.
I have put it on the market for £20k and that includes the stock and lease(a bargain), an ideal first business with plenty of room for expansion and development.
The fishery will be sold as a going concern and will not be run down prior to the sale, so stocking will still take place as normal.
Anyone interested in the business should contact myself (Brian)on 07795593922.

wendy

« Reply #1 on: 27/01/2007 at 18:37 »
thats is my dream..... for one day :z6  :z6  :z6

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 31/01/2007 at 17:32 »
Wendy,
Being a TV star now surely you can afford it  :wink:

You could take it over and stock it with real fish such as Tench... :z2

Jay Scott

« Reply #3 on: 31/01/2007 at 17:43 »
Real fish? Trout are real fish, the bonniest fish in Britain in my eyes

wendy

« Reply #4 on: 31/01/2007 at 21:26 »
Jayscot is very right i think trout are the best looking fish around....

And hey being a tv star paid me no money ya know it was all unpaid... But when i get spotted by someone who wants me to have my own programme i'll buy one then :z4  :z4  :z4

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #5 on: 01/02/2007 at 08:37 »
Quote from: "jayscott"
Real fish? Trout are real fish, the bonniest fish in Britain in my eyes

Hmmmm..disagree there.. :lol: ..Grayling are by far the nicest fish when they are in spawning colours. Brownies can be nice, rainbows don't count  :wink:

Tench are very bonny fish too, and so are some of the more traditional wild carp..infact, come to think of it, a wild carp from an estate lake cannot be beaten. Those golden scales, dark backs and classic shape.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #6 on: 01/02/2007 at 08:37 »
Wendy,
Matt Hayes has to retire sometime  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:

wendy

« Reply #7 on: 01/02/2007 at 08:58 »
Rob i've never caught a Grayling yet! but this weekend i have had an invite to Sky sports Tight Lines  Shhhh and the guest is Bob nudd (my hero) i am so excited about this!!! Oh yes so i haven't caught a grayling but this saturday i am going fishing with a certain person who can catch these :wink:  :wink:
When i see the grayling in magazines i think they are beautiful but until i catch one the trout remains the nicest looking for me..

Matt hayes is prob the same age as me so we'd retire together :lol:

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #8 on: 01/02/2007 at 13:15 »
I had a stunning 2 pound 6 oz grayling on boxing day from the Isla (a river that is part of the Tay system), along with several out of season Brownies...biggest being 4 pounds  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock: all on that every so traditional method, long trotted sweetcorn!!

I used an Avon float, a centre pin and 13 foot match rod...all great fun indeed. Well worth the cold day.

As for old Nuddy...what can I say...I used to spot the white cap along the Grand Union and Lea when I was a youngster. Would sit up the bank abit watching him for hours. That bloke could catch from a toilet!!!

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #9 on: 01/02/2007 at 16:23 »
Sorry jay

But i have to agree with Rob, Grayling are the prettiest of all the Uk fish, in fact if you look up some pictures of arctic grayling they are utterly gorgeous fish.I think it was Decembers TF that had an article on them.

Sandy

Jay Scott

« Reply #10 on: 01/02/2007 at 17:51 »
Ok, i haven't seen a grayling properly yet but i don't think theres a fish that can beat a wild brown trout, but i am ready to be convinced.

Jay

Tam Greenock

« Reply #11 on: 06/02/2007 at 09:09 »
How long has the lease got to run

sightbob

« Reply #12 on: 06/02/2007 at 10:13 »
tam
if you give me a call, i will gladly answer any questions.
cheers
brian.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com