Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Heavy Rain Last Night
« on: 23/09/2010 at 11:26 »
That rain was pretty heavy last night :shock Haddo was up by about 18 inches when I arrived this morning. Luckily, I managed to adjust the flow levels before it came over the banks, but the lower end has coloured up with the run off from the park.

I hope poor Bob hasn't suffered too much at Delgatie :z6

I bet the rivers are high, I hope we don't get weeks of this again this year as it can lead to the rivers being unfishable during the Autumn salmon runs ...... and can totally rule out any good brownie sport over the last few days of the season.

Fingers crossed that it will stop soon! :z3

:z18
Mike

Matt Henderson

Re: Heavy Rain Last Night
« Reply #1 on: 23/09/2010 at 12:31 »
I'm hoping its not like last year too Mike.  The heavy rain in September and October pretty much wiped out fishing until about February for me, and even then was it was still pretty touch and go to get a day at Haddo!

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 24/09/2010 at 15:19 »
The loch is a bit brown today as I expected, but fishing well :wink

Cheers
Mike

Matt Henderson

« Reply #3 on: 29/09/2010 at 16:52 »
Am I the only one watching their plans for a weekend fishing slipping away from them with all this rain?  Gales on Friday and "torrential" rain Friday into Saturday. 

Its not looking good.   :mad

John Reid

« Reply #4 on: 29/09/2010 at 17:49 »
I feel your pain Matt.  My better half is away all weekend and I had loads of fishing planned.  Looks like its all slipping away  :cry

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 29/09/2010 at 18:21 »
Using the weather link at the bottom of the page, it's not looking too bad guys :wink

No rain, a wee ripple at 2 to 9mph and warm enough at 11 to 13C for tomorrow

Light rain in the afternoon, followed by heavy rain in the evening, windy at 17 to 23mph and fine at 11 to 12C for Friday

No rain, breezy at 8 to 12mph and fine at 9 to 13C for Saturday

No rain, breezy at 12 to 14mph and fine at 10 to 13C for Sunday

But all this can change of course :z4  :z4  :z4

Cheers
Mike

Noel Kelly

« Reply #6 on: 29/09/2010 at 18:42 »
The Don is well up this evening and probably rising. My weekend is probably screwed anyway. I may have to go to France for work or if not its a night out followed by a days shopping  :cry with herself for her birthday.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #7 on: 29/09/2010 at 18:48 »
The Don is well up this evening and probably rising. My weekend is probably screwed anyway. I may have to go to France for work or if not its a night out followed by a days shopping  :cry with herself for her birthday.

Aye lifes a bitch Noel  :z4 Women , can't live with them , can't live without them  :wink

:z18

Jim

Matt Henderson

« Reply #8 on: 30/09/2010 at 08:33 »
4ft 3" on the gauge this morning.  I'm beginning to wish I hadn't bothered booking tickets for the Don this weekend. 

Hamish Young

« Reply #9 on: 30/09/2010 at 08:53 »
4ft 3" on the gauge this morning.  I'm beginning to wish I hadn't bothered booking tickets for the Don this weekend. 

Enough with the negative waves  :-X there'll still be fish to be caught and (if last night in Aberdeenshire was anything like it was up here) a wee gentle frost or two before the weekend might fine things down a smidgen  :z16
Think positive - mind you, that comes from the man who'll be at a wedding this weekend and not actually fishing  :wink

:z3

Matt Henderson

« Reply #10 on: 30/09/2010 at 09:13 »
Enough with the negative waves  :-X there'll still be fish to be caught and (if last night in Aberdeenshire was anything like it was up here) a wee gentle frost or two before the weekend might fine things down a smidgen  :z16
Think positive - mind you, that comes from the man who'll be at a wedding this weekend and not actually fishing  :wink

:z3

You're right Hamish,  I should focus on one good day on Saturday rather than the sneaky double header (easy tiger :wink) I had hoped for.    :z18

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #11 on: 30/09/2010 at 13:40 »
More on the way tomorrow Mike..2 inches suggested in Moray...should hit us about lunchtime tomorrow.

Fore warned is fore armed ;)

Matt Henderson

« Reply #12 on: 30/09/2010 at 20:38 »
I should have known that Hamish would know best. Gauge is well down now. I think I'll head out tomorrow morning before the rain... 

John Reid

« Reply #13 on: 01/10/2010 at 16:51 »
Did you get out before the deluge today Matt?

Doubt there will be much fishing tomorrow!

Matt Henderson

« Reply #14 on: 01/10/2010 at 17:59 »
Did you get out before the deluge today Matt?

Doubt there will be much fishing tomorrow!

Yes, got out for about an hour but it wasn't much fun.  The wind made casting interesting. 

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com