Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

clark

Dubai ?
« on: 08/09/2010 at 15:53 »
I'm in the very hot and sunny UAE and i was wondering if anyone has fished here before with success ? I brought my fly rod along just in case of being able to have a wee chuck  :z4  :z4

Cheers, Clark

Richard H

Re: Dubai ?
« Reply #1 on: 24/09/2010 at 21:30 »
Clark I used to live in Dubai and did a fair bit of fishing- but not with the fly rod - only bait fishing for catfish in Dubai Creek.

Saying that I used to watch very large barracuda hang around the rock jetties on the beach and seen what looked like tuna chase bait fish in the creek- so a well placed lure could provide some sport. The jetties with floodlights could be intersting and have watched the barracuda hunt at night.

I also recall reading an article written about fishing the fly in the creek for shoals of fish- but cant recall where I seen it, nor the fish targetted- but a trawl of the web may source it.

The entrance to the creek may also be interesting as it is quite narrow and will therefore gets the most tidal flow and be able to work the fly better as well as probably attracting more species as a result of the flow of water (and food).

Good luck

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com