Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Our Scottish Summer
« on: 29/08/2010 at 10:47 »
Don't you just love our summer :z4

I feel sorry for anybody that was out in a tent last night, I guess one or two of you might have been in tents at the Wizard Festival and I know Steven 'Skidd' was camping ....... the wind and rain couldn't have been much fun :z6

Three boats on the water this morning though and more folk coming this afternoon, so I guess we anglers don't mind getting out of the sun :wink

Cheers
Mike

Noel Kelly

Re: Our Scottish Summer
« Reply #1 on: 29/08/2010 at 17:05 »
We expected the weather to be poor so had booked a taxi home. Expensive but worth every penny. Would not have wanted to camp last night.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 29/08/2010 at 18:00 »
August is a funny old month for trout fishing, conditions can appear ideal to us, overcast and a good ripple on the water, plenty of insect life, water temperatures are falling nicely, yet the fishing can be quite hard :z6

I've never really worked this out, there must be a reason :z8

Cheers
Mike

Steven Kidd

« Reply #3 on: 30/08/2010 at 08:56 »
Hi,

Yes the camping was ferocious. 

I was amazed at the tent for holding up how it did to be honest.  It just seemed to bend and move and stayed well planted to the ground with the high winds.  Not a drop of rain came through it either, and the rain was falling in sheets!  I'd definately recommend anyone looking to get a tent to go for a Vango 450.

I was well up for going fishing in the morning but I was outvoted 2-1.......and looked at as if I was missing something between the ears, by the girlfriend and the brother!

Cheers,

Steven

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com