Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Dave Olley

New Poducts
« on: 10/08/2010 at 10:27 »
One of the things I have never been particularly happy with on my rods is the epoxy finish. Now obviously it can't be anything I am doing wrong so it must be down to the epoxy. With this in mind I have tried them all in the hope of finding one that works properly. I think maybe I have.
I have a new one that I bought from Mudhole tackle in the States. It's call PROKOTE and is exclusive to Mudhole.
It is very clear, doesn't seem to thicken in the "Warmth" of a Scottish summer. It mixes well, goes on smoothly and self levels very nicely. It also seems to release bubbles very well. I really like it. I have been using Threadmaster Lite but I think this is much more usable.
Along with the prokote I have been trying another new product from Mudhole called BUBBLE BUSTER and it does what it says on the bottle. I comes in a small spray and when you have applied the finish and allowed it to level you just give it a couple of quick sprays and it releases all surface bubbles immediately.
Again, both products are exclusive to Mudhole so might be worth checking out their website.
Dave

Rob Brownfield

Re: New Poducts
« Reply #1 on: 10/08/2010 at 14:33 »
Thanks for the info..will take a look..sounds interesting..forever on the quest of a more friendly Epoxy!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com