Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

Barrio LC903 9ft #3 3pc
« on: 09/08/2010 at 20:14 »
Anyone see the the review by Magnus in this months FF & FT  :z16 As always an insightful well written review, credit where credit is due.

:z18

Jim

Mike Barrio

Re: Barrio LC903 9ft #3 3pc
« Reply #1 on: 09/08/2010 at 21:47 »
Hang on Jim .... You've done it again .... I haven't read this yet! :shock

My copy won't arrive for about a week, when they are in the shops :cry

Best wishes
Mike

Irvine Ross

« Reply #2 on: 10/08/2010 at 17:29 »
Anyone see the the review by Magnus in this months FF & FT  :z16 As always an insightful well written review, credit where credit is due.
Jim

Yes Jim,  he certainly heaps praise on the new Hardy Angel2. He wasn't so keen on one of the other rods he reviewed though. Can't remember what it was called.  :wink

Irvine

Mike Barrio

Re: Barrio LC903 9ft #3 3pc New
« Reply #3 on: 15/08/2010 at 01:24 »
I've got my copy of the magazine now ..... thanks to Jim and Kevin for sending me copies of the review :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Dutchfly

« Reply #4 on: 18/08/2010 at 15:59 »
Great review of the rod Mike, congrats :z16

Have you thought about making a 4 pc version of the rod (think: annual flights to and from Scotland...)?

C U

Jeroen

Mike Barrio

Re: Barrio LC903 9ft #3 3pc New
« Reply #5 on: 14/10/2010 at 21:12 »
Cheers Jeroen :z16

We designed this new blank specifically as a 3 piece one, this is my fault I'm afraid, I really do like three piece fly rods :wink

We may possibly try to design a 4 piece blank to match the rod in the near future, but we haven't started any work on this yet.

Best wishes
Mike

For more details, please see  http://www.flylineshop.com/barrio-fly-rods.html  or  http://www.fishingthefly.co.uk/barrio-fly-rods.html

Ben Dixon

« Reply #6 on: 14/10/2010 at 22:40 »
I cast & fished this rod at Haddo today with the GT140 #3 line and was very impressed, it fished like a 3wt but cast like a #5.   :z16

More than enough power low down in the rod to lean on and turn a big fish  but, without feeling stiff or pokerish (as much as a 3wt ever can), superb feedback from the blank.  In terms of casting it will throw a long way when strung with the GT line, I was able to carry over 85' and shoot a lot further yet at close range it was superb too.  Short quick casts and direction changes to cover cruising fish with a single dry were effortless and required no thought. 

If you like light line gear it is well worth cast next time you are at Haddo, think Mike will have the demo rod most days.

Cheers

Ben

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com